guitar stores are so lame

Fatstrat57

• Members
just because there's always those employees. The total jaded rude ones that are like 37 and still have the gay hair tight jeans and studdy belts grow up lol nobody want your old cockrocker ass. Your band is totally going to make it, that's why you're doing 7bucks an hour and intimidating little kids for fun. He'll stand right next to you with his tatty arms crossed while you play to let you know who's boss. Speaking as a man who's made a ton of money playing real gigs for real people I'd say grow up and stop copping an attitude

Which is exactly why you ran home to vent on the interweb instead of telling it to his face. :rolleyes: okay.

-W

• Members

Well I did have that issue when I went to a store about a year ago, funny thing is I am 29, and I was getting attitude from some emo kids maybe 19 years old that worked there. I was checking out some Les Pauls, and some Strats, and they we're just being cocky as hell, so you play "insert run of the mill emo band here", well I left, and came back three hours later, and spoke to their manager, then led him out to my SUV, and showed him the gear i bought from another store, totalled out at $5800. He was choked, and I can see why.

If you don't like the stores staff, go somewhere else, and come back with your purchases later, and show the manager, I also do this in my local shop, and now I get real prices, not racked up just cause we're the only store in town prices.

• Members

maybe its cause the ole cats know HOW to play and WHAT they are talking about. when some kid can't tell me the difference between fretboard radius and he sells guitars, I promptly demonstrate. I don't expect the attitude as much from a young kid as I do the older burnout guy still working there to know a little more. if the ole guy can't tell me things he should know I leave immediately.

anyway its not what you know to GC or other stores. its show me the money. if you are 21 and can spend 5 G's on gear and others twice as old are looking for a bargain on MIM Strat :freak:

• Members
Well I did have that issue when I went to a store about a year ago, funny thing is I am 29, and I was getting attitude from some emo kids maybe 19 years old that worked there. I was checking out some Les Pauls, and some Strats, and they we're just being cocky as hell, so you play "insert run of the mill emo band here", well I left, and came back three hours later, and spoke to their manager, then led him out to my SUV, and showed him the gear i bought from another store, totalled out at $5800. He was choked, and I can see why.

If you don't like the stores staff, go somewhere else, and come back with your purchases later, and show the manager, I also do this in my local shop, and now I get real prices, not racked up just cause we're the only store in town prices.

haha, that was the best men :) That emo kid probably got fired :)

• Members

I know what type you're talking about.

I don't go to stores that have employees like that. I need someone to work with me, give me informative feedback and find a solution that's fit to my exact needs.

What I don't need is someone whose "respect" I have to "earn". Customer is king, not much else matters. If that's not the case in the store I'm at, I'm not spending any money. No discount is worth being treated like an amateur.

Fortunately, I have a great thing going at my local store. Very amicable atmosphere and on more than one occasion me testing out some gear has ended up in a lengthy jamfest with those guys. Great fun.

• Members

Don't forget these dudes are trying to make a sale. They circle like vultures from time to time, but hey if they are bothering you by hawking over you tell them you'll come find them if you have questions or if they are really being assholes, bitch to the manager not HCCF. Christ nobody likes a cocky ass hammer.

Archived