Don`t pump gas on May 15th.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members
The question is, am I really interested in reading a {censored}load of figures from some website, when all I really wanted to do was piss off some dumb patriot?

Ease up off that phallus, Captain America.

Oil is a commodity thats traded on several exchanges (NYSE, AMEX, etc) and speculators are betting that the price will go higher (part of the reason prices have risen amongst them China + India are consuming ALOT more oil than they use to) Factor in OPEC (the {censored} they get away with) and the summer changes in gas (different blends) and the summer demand and we have this mess of prices going up!

It cuts across both political lines, prices higher under Bush + the previous adminstration (Clinton) did NOTHING but import more foreign oil for 8 yrs! Both parties can look in the mirror.

Now if people wer smart they would have invested some $$ in oil companies and make double digits in the past 2 yrs! I think they would have helped the price at the pump a lil bit..

:idea:

I hate that we us so much oil, but changes in alternative is coming sooner than later! (albeit it slow - hydrogen corn, fuel cells etc) Dont be naive people the oil companies themselves are investing ALOT of $$ in the future technology!

:idea:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The question is, am I really interested in reading a {censored}load of figures from some website, when all I really wanted to do was piss off some dumb patriot?

Ease up off that phallus, Captain America.

Yeah...the thought occurred to me. I can usally spot a jackass troll baiting the hook. I must admit the species is evolving ever faster.

"Captain America"...cute!

How about for you...."Captain Asshole"?

I think it's more likely you didn't know what the {censored} you were talking about, and just spewed some bull{censored} you heard about "Americans and their bloody war for cheap oil".

• Members

That's why it's "non-standard", but people still use it that way and most people still understand what is meant by it, even if it's not technically correct.

Yeah...you KNOW people know what's meant. But we can't help but get on the high horse.

• Members

Everyone who wants to REALLY protest high gas prices should get rid of their gas guzzlers and get econo cars.
Yeah, I know Americans don't REALLY care about high gas prices, and therefore we won't REALLY switch to fuel efficient cars, but it sure is nice to think we could.

• Members

The trick would to have everybody not use their cars for a day. That might make a difference. Or a nationwide sick out.

That's correct.

The only thing that will get even the SLIGHTEST attention is to not use any. Not which day you chose to buy it.

Archived