are musician's friend employees posting here?

arcadesonfire

• Members

are there musician's friend employees posting here just to boost sales?

i recently found this post:

"I recently bought a Hotplate from Musicians Friend to use with my Mesa F-50. Given the price of used ones (around $225 - 250) and a new one at MF ($299), I went for the new. MF is good at price matcing. Search around on the web. I found a Hotplate for $269 and sent MF the link. They matched the price. Then I used a MF $25 off coupon, got the Hotplate for $244, no tax, free shipping. Another nice thing about MF, the 45 day return policy. If you don't like the Hotplate, send it back for a full refund. Now about the Hotplate. I love it. I have no complaints about tone sucking even at the lowest setting. You have to figue, at this level your not going to be giging, it works very well for practicing. You get a lot of tone/balls, clarity from your amp but at TV volume. Works great at the louder setting for practice and gigs. Try one."

that type of praise for MF followed by unfettered praise for the product (while most people have reservations about attenuators) seems a bit contrived

hmm

• Members
Why wouldn't they?

:)

Did you know Musician's Friend has over 16,000 items from $4.99 to $9.99? Check your car seats, you may be able to turn that pocket change into some ROCKIN accessories!

:lol:

With that sales ability, you could have great success working for GC.

• Members

are there musician's friend employees posting here just to boost sales?

i recently found this post:

"I recently bought a Hotplate from Musicians Friend to use with my Mesa F-50. Given the price of used ones (around $225 - 250) and a new one at MF ($299), I went for the new. MF is good at price matcing. Search around on the web. I found a Hotplate for $269 and sent MF the link. They matched the price. Then I used a MF $25 off coupon, got the Hotplate for $244, no tax, free shipping. Another nice thing about MF, the 45 day return policy. If you don't like the Hotplate, send it back for a full refund. Now about the Hotplate. I love it. I have no complaints about tone sucking even at the lowest setting. You have to figue, at this level your not going to be giging, it works very well for practicing. You get a lot of tone/balls, clarity from your amp but at TV volume. Works great at the louder setting for practice and gigs. Try one."

that type of praise for MF followed by unfettered praise for the product (while most people have reservations about attenuators) seems a bit contrived

hmm

That post was made by HC member GTM. He registered in 2002, which was before the MF takeover. The post was made in 2005, which I think was also before the takeover, though I may be completely wrong about that. Either way, I doubt he is working for MF.

Archived