SPAM: For Sale: Roland Jupiter 80

• Members

I bought this brand new in the fall from Noisebug.

It's never left the house and still in mint condition. I probably played it for 3 hours total and havnt even changed a preset.

Comes with original box, owners manual and a few extras are included:

* Roland USB Stick

* Roland DP-10 Sustain Pedal

* Roland FS-5U Foot Switch

* The OS has been upgraded to the latest version (Version 2. or whatever it is)

$2700 + Shipping

To my American friends, I live near the border, so if it helps, I will drive it to Watertown, NY and ship it to you from within USA, this way it should be much cheaper and you only pay actual shipping charges while avoiding any customs duties, taxes etc.

and Roland if you're listening, screw you and your lousy customer support, never again!

IMG_0928.jpg' alt='>'>

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Press #2 to never ever speak to anyone and remain on hold forever only to talk to someone who hasnt got a clue and be transfered to a phone where nobody picks up the phone.

Ill tell you who has great customer support.

Kurzweil & Moog, they are the {censored}!

• Members

That's kind of my experience with Apple iTunes/AppStore support.

Now that every support center is in a country somewhere where nobody's got a clue about anything, you can't get good help anymore (in Apple's case, if you actually want help you have to use their paid AppleCare, otherwise, screw you, because screw you, that's why).

Kudos for Kurz and other companies that keep a level of support in the US. I recently had experience with Oster's support (yeah, non-music related) and they were top notch :thu: If a company that makes 30 dollar blenders can have awesome support, why can't the manufacturer of a 4 thousand dollar keyboard?

• Members

That's kind of my experience with Apple iTunes/AppStore support.

Now that every support center is in a country somewhere where nobody's got a clue about anything, you can't get good help anymore (in Apple's case, if you actually want help you have to use their paid AppleCare, otherwise, screw you, because screw you, that's why).

Kudos for Kurz and other companies that keep a level of support in the US. I recently had experience with Oster's support (yeah, non-music related) and they were top notch
:thu:
If a company that makes 30 dollar blenders can have awesome support, why can't the manufacturer of a 4 thousand dollar keyboard?

Well said Christian, anymore your call is being forwarded to Malaysia, Philipines or India, and even though they are nice people, most of the time, they know jack {censored} about anthing and are simply reading off cue cards.

I remember one time I had a question about my Voyager, I called Moog, and it was cool because a real person answered the phone, someone who had a command of the English language, 2 seconds later they transfered me to some tech, another English speaking guy, a person who knows the synth, the guy listened to my question and answered it right away.

Its really not that hard, if Moog and Kurz can do it, why cant everyone else?

• Members

Ok, I see there's a tough crowd in here, as an added bonus I will even throw in a two foot MIDI cable!

:lol:

That's almost as good a deal as the time I picked up a TX81Z and got the Atari ST editor software for just $5 more!

I went with it just for laughs and ran it in a simulator. It turned out to be pretty damn good for the age but ultimately little more than a novelty, nowadays. It did have the ability to "crossbreed" patches and that resulted in some crazy stuff.

• Members

Based on what the last couple have sold for on eBay (check "completed listings"), and what's listed there now, I think you're price is a bit overly optimistic. I suspect that the existence of the Jupiter 50 may be putting downward pressure on used 80 prices, as a used 80 is no longer the cheapest way to get many of its features.

• Members

Based on what the last couple have sold for on eBay (check "completed listings"), and what's listed there now, I think you're price is a bit overly optimistic. I suspect that the existence of the Jupiter 50 may be putting downward pressure on used 80 prices, as a used 80 is no longer the cheapest way to get many of its features.

All offers will be considered.

• Members

1. Why would Roland, a Japanese company, be obligated to have U.S. based customer service, other than the fact they traditionally did it in the past? There are now enough fluent English-speaking people there now that they wouldn't have to outsource customer support anymore, other than for economic reasons -- and for that purpose, the U.S. is not the place to outsource to.

2. Selling off the Jupiter just because of this issue? Not because you didn't like the synth? And why? Just to make an "I'll show you" point? Roland already made their money off the sale. Returning it to them or the place you bought it would be one thing, but selling it to someone else doesn't diminish Roland's equity. They made their money. Seems spiteful for no good or effective reason. Is there something about the synth you can't figure out by reading the manual?

"Damn it I paid money to Roland, when I call they better damn well answer the phone?" -- is this really what the issue is?

• Members

Is there something about the synth you can't figure out by reading the manual?

Considering the price point, the manual of the jp80 sucks big, big time. Absolutely disastrous.

• Members

Is there something about the synth you can't figure out by reading the manual?

There's lots I can't figure out, so no big deal, I'll read the manual, still cant figure it out, no big deal, call Roland, maybe they can answer some questions and clarify a few things, then you get the crap customer service which resulted in no help, so what now? Keep a synth I cant use? There's no point in that.

I'll take my loss and move on. I stand behind everything I said because its honest and true.

There's nothing spiteful about it but when a company make a product so difficult to use, I have neither the time nor the patience to keep getting constantly aggrivated, I'll just move on.

Maybe for someone who 'gets it' (their layout), it will be a great synth, just not for me.

• Members

1. Why would Roland, a Japanese company, be obligated to have U.S. based customer service, other than the fact they traditionally did it in the past? There are now enough fluent English-speaking people there now that they wouldn't have to outsource customer support anymore, other than for economic reasons -- and for that purpose, the U.S. is not the place to outsource to.

Trade rules between Japan and the US are changing.. I am not aware of the details but lets assume for now they can not freely trade in the US..

A Japanese company would be exposed if it traded in another country. So it sets up an entity in the countries it wishes to trade in. These are completely separate companies that do their own Customer service for their own sales...

I suspect the Japanese HQ does not want to have to deal with direct questions from US Customers as it would expect the local distributor to handle that. Hard to say if it breaches any rules to allow Customers to call Japan direct, but I guess keeping that separate too must help operations.

Basic online advise is obviously free to anyone as it's accessible through marketing on the net..

I know one UK operation that represented a Major Japanese brand that lost work to a new European HQ when the free trade zone in Europe was set up including the UK... There was less need to do everything in the UK... I guess some Customer services is handled from the new euro HQ..

For an American made tool I have I dealt with a Customer service team in Holland...

Things could change for Roland where the countries fall into a common trade zone with Japan...

• Members

I'm feeling bummed that you're having to sell it when you obviously like the sound of it. This thread makes me sad.

Can the nice people at Artemiy's site help you maybe? Lots of Jup80 users there and they're pretty passionate about it. If they help you get the hand of it, maybe you won't have to sell it at such a big loss?

http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewforum.php?f=44

• Members

I'm feeling bummed that you're having to sell it when you obviously like the sound of it. This thread makes me sad.

Can the nice people at Artemiy's site help you maybe? Lots of Jup80 users there and they're pretty passionate about it. If they help you get the hand of it, maybe you won't have to sell it at such a big loss?

http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewforum.php?f=44

Thanks Christian, I tried that route, they politely told me to 'go read the manual'.

Bleh, if I could figure out how to use it, I would keep it, thats the sad part :(

Archived