Can Anyone Identify This Keyboard Stand from the 80's?

Crazyfoo

• Members

I think those are KEYMAN stands.

Keyman 66061 Bassano, Italia - so... I'm thinking Italian maker.

Definitely not Ultimate support :-(

Definitely Italian. I have one too, exactly like the ones on the pictures.

• Members

Why are modern stands so much {censored}tier?

I was thinking the same thing.

You would think in 25 years they would get better, heck I would be thrilled if they just made that same stand from the past.

I loved the quick and easily assembly, even a monkey could do it (me) in low-light conditions,

5 parts that you pull out of the canvass travel bag, screw them together, snap in the arms, tilt each tier as desired and done!

My guess is that because keyboards have evolved so much, you rarely see anyone with more than two keyboards playing live, hence the reason for the new style "Spider Pro" and the various columns with the collapsible arms built in.

• Members

Like so many things, people don't agree on what makes a "good" stand. I didn't like those A-Frame stands because they took too much stage space; they needed to be disassembled into too many pieces; you often couldn't get the boards as close to each other as I'd like; they were finicky/time-consuming to adjust (especially if you didn't always use the same keyboards for each gig)... i.e. to alter the heights of the different tiers, and to assure that everything was level side-to-side. Maybe some versions were better than the one I used, but I didn't like it at all. But if that's the style you like, you can still get them. i.e. OnStage KS-7903, or in Europe, Jaspers makes a bunch of variations of it.

These days, the K&M 18880 (and optional stackers) is my stand of choice... collapses/assembles in seconds, moves in one piece (even in 3-tier config), weighs next to nothing. So I don't agree that today's stands aren't as good! K&M has some other nice stand designs too.

Though if you want to talk about old stuff that isn't available anymore, the Invisible Stands were great. I know, people loved them or hated them, but they worked great for me. I only wished they "collapsed" instead of having to be "disassembled" into 4 pieces. It wasn't a complicated or time-consuming assembly, it was more that there was always the chance of leaving a part behind!

Archived