PSA: Mark Cameron amps

gainfreak

• Members
Sounds cool. I've really liked the Cameron modded Marshall clips I have heard but $2400.
:eek:
That's pretty steep isn't it?

I was hoping for more around the $1600 price range but oh well.

The only thing that I can say is that your money is being well spent especially because of the way they are building these things . Everything on this amp is overbuilt. I don't get impressed very easily but they went all out with the construction of these amps. The transformers are custom made and all of the boards are extrmely well built and thick. Every electrical componant is mill spec and the amp has a lot of tonal features. I'm sure that they could lower the price of the amp if they outsourced some of there parts and used some cheaper building methods but they aren't willing to do that!!

• Members
The only thing that I can say is that your money is being well spent especially because of the way they are building these things . Everything on this amp is overbuilt. I don't get impressed very easily but they went all out with the construction of these amps. The transformers are custom made and all of the boards are extrmely well built and thick. Every electrical componant is mill spec and the amp has a lot of tonal features. I'm sure that they could lower the price of the amp if they outsourced some of there parts and used some cheaper building methods but they aren't willing to do this!!

I understand, $2400 is just up there.

Any 50 watt versions in the works or does the amp have a half power feature? For some reason I love 50 watters.:D

• Members
Sounds cool. I've really liked the Cameron modded Marshall clips I have heard but $2400.

You can't get one of his modded Marshalls for that much any more. And if you can, buy it. The new amps are a bargain at that price.

• Members

This is great news and I am excited about it. I hate to say it but that price for that build these days is very fair. The stuff that is coming out now a days for a bit less money is far inferior in not only tone but build quality as well.

I just hope Mark comes out with a more affordable amp also down the line. Maybe like a 50-watt with basic features, etc. I'd like to see something in the $1500-1700 range.

• Members

MArk's work in beat to hell Marshall headshells is fetching $1600-1800 just to get an idea how hot his amp mods are right now.

The amp has been built the correct way and all MIL-Spec'd out, you are receiving a very very well built amp by a builder who has big name guitarists playing his stuff for years.

Pull the chassis from other amps going for around that price, not naming names cause I am too tired for a flame war, and you will see what I am talking about.

PLus the resale of that amp will be very good.

Archived