looking for a keyboard

jason41987

• Members

its true.. it feels so much like a real piano, are there actually hammers in it?... also, the sound is really good, when i hit a bass note ive found myself actually touching it expecting to feel the vibrations of a large bass string because it sounds so much like a real piano with the two speakers.. the notes have a very natural sound to them that its sometimes hard to believe its synthetic

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by jason41987

View Post

its true.. it feels so much like a real piano, are there actually hammers in it?... also, the sound is really good, when i hit a bass note ive found myself actually touching it expecting to feel the vibrations of a large bass string because it sounds so much like a real piano with the two speakers.. the notes have a very natural sound to them that its sometimes hard to believe its synthetic

BTW, having owned both, I can tell you that the NP-V80 would not give you anywhere near the quality of piano experience you have on the P95.

• Members

a real stage piano is a solid foundation for a keyboars player. No matter how many boards you buy, typically guys always keep that stage piano around. I have a roland RD300sx. Its now moved to back up board and home practice board status. Good choice on the P95. enjoy

• Members

Synthatholic - there is nothing wrong with building keys out of hardwood and ebony, then covering the hardwood with plastic, replacing the traditional role of ivory. The Kawai CE200 is like this.

That said, I think that given the choice that I would rather all-plastic. Better environmental stability, I bet, and probably lighter, too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wesg

View Post

Synthatholic - there is nothing wrong with building keys out of hardwood and ebony, then covering the hardwood with plastic, replacing the traditional role of ivory. The Kawai CE200 is like this.

That said, I think that given the choice that I would rather all-plastic. Better environmental stability, I bet, and probably lighter, too.

That's a good point - thanks!

• Members

View Post

I played some shows in aug in tampa where they provided the keyboard. I had a roland 700nx stage piano with the fake ivory to play for the week. To be honest I like the plastic keys on my rd300sx better. They looked like they would wear really fast. I do have wear on the plastic keys as it is on my board. in the right light you can see it.

• Members

The flagship stage piano boasts an advanced SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, electric piano sounds based on SuperNATURAL technology, a deluxe PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement,

Timkeys, did you have a chance to try the escapement? I would love a keyboard with escapement similar to a Steinway or Yamaha grand piano.

• Members

View Post

Timkeys, did you have a chance to try the escapement? I would love a keyboard with escapement similar to a Steinway or Yamaha grand piano.

We flew into tampa on sunday, I didnt see the nx700 till we hit the gig monday night. The keyboard tech programed in the 4 sounds I wanted on pre sets , we did sound check and played the show. The band played 4 shows that week and we flew out on friday. we are an americana band that does country,original trop/ country and some classic rock. To be honest I played the thing for 12 hours and really didnt pay a whole lot of attention to it other than the fact that it had the ivory like keys. The only sounds i use are rhodes piano, B3 percussion organ, steel drums and a accordian that sounds like button box like they use in mexican music. the only thing I can tell you is it played fine and it had the sounds I needed. The high point of the week was when we played a set with mike huckabee in front of a few thousand people at mikes southern states meet and greet. Its a nice board, but it had way more bells and whistles than i was gonna use. My only concern was getting the board set at the proper hight in relation to the bench,, getting the sounds required. I know I am no help at all.. I use one board at a gig,, and i jump back and forth between a weighted RD300sx and the VR700 which is a clone wheel with water fall keys and hammond action. I am not real picky I can play piano on the organ action or organ on the weighted action. we had great support from the sound , lights , techs and roadie guys. We played 4 shows all in different locations and it was just show up and things were ready to play. we were livin large lol

• Members

View Post

Ha! That does sound like "living large" smile.gif

I'm hauling 450 lbs right now, I am halfway tempted to sell my van, buy a Nord-something, a soft case with backpack handles, and ride my motorcycle to play. LOL.

Its not the norm for us. we do play our local shows with a small footprint. I use one board. I have a good roadcase, use a simple double x stand and a bench.

Archived