Uli Roth - Warren DeMartini Jam (We'll Burn The Sky)

JohnRageOn

• Members

This is an amazing vid I found accidentally on youtube of Uli Roth and Warren playing together on a small stage. Uli plays most of the time while Warren keeps the backing track (he plays a small solo near the end). Very interesting take a look:

• Members

Yep Uli still has the chops (actually he becomes better every time I see him play :D :D :D ). It's a shame Warren played lead only for a few secs though!

I believe this excerpt is from a UCLA seminar Uli gave which included many special guests. If someone has a link from to download the whole thing it would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Great find, I've never seen that one. :thu: I idolized Warren along with EVH as a kid, still do admire their glory days tremendously (although poor EVH....).

It always makes me smile to see Uli with his full '70s garb, wizard scarf, Lord of the Rings hair and all, frozen in time LOL. But that's cool, it would be lame if he cut his hair like some NASCAR dad and wore Nikes and a flannel shirt on stage and played a run of the mill Les Paul or something.

• Members

Warren has been playing and endorsing Performance guitars for many years. It's a Performance (very small custom shop out of LA). Sickly expensive too. A friend just picked up a Performance python skin Warren D guitar for $4500. One humbucker, floyd, maple neck, body covered in snakeskin. It's incredibly sexy, as it's deadon like Warren's, but for $4500?!!

Archived