shutting down the forum?

wwwjd

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by soundwave106

View Post

{Geek} That's the byte order marking for UTF-8 files (The Unicode standards' fancy way of saying "normal ASCII text".)

Yep, the thread I read was on a PHP forum and mention all that. I figured it has happened as a result of software changes. A kind of clue as to the cause smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gribs

View Post

I just received and completed an email survey from Musician's Friend concerning music forums and Harmony Central in particular. The survey questions were interesting. I tried to give honest and informative answers. Some of the questions addressed why I don't post at Guitar Center or Musician's Friend forums and why I like HC. There were lists of questions involving whether or not I care if there is a commercial company that owns or has influence on the forums. I am not going to state my answers so that they will not cloud anyone else's answers, but if you do get the survey I hope that you complete it.

I am not sure if this is relevant to the question of why HC has become extremely doggy lately. It seems to be getting faster again though.

It kind of makes you wonder if, with all the recent problems, they're trying to drive HC traffic to the GC and MF forums on purpose.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gribs

View Post

I just received and completed an email survey from Musician's Friend concerning music forums and Harmony Central in particular. The survey questions were interesting. I tried to give honest and informative answers. Some of the questions addressed why I don't post at Guitar Center or Musician's Friend forums and why I like HC. There were lists of questions involving whether or not I care if there is a commercial company that owns or has influence on the forums. I am not going to state my answers so that they will not cloud anyone else's answers, but if you do get the survey I hope that you complete it.

I am not sure if this is relevant to the question of why HC has become extremely doggy lately. It seems to be getting faster again though.

I also just received and completed an email survey from Musician's Friend but mine was only about their potential new logos - like anyone cares.

• Members

I thought the MF question referred to the reviews that you can write for products. I never do that. However it could have been a trick question! I just plain never looked for a forum at MF and I don't shop at GuitarCenter.com either. However I do read other peoples' reviews sometimes on MF's web site. I also read them at Sweetwater.

I was just clicking around on MF.com and found they link what appear to be the Pro Reviews by Craig Anderton and others here. I have definitely followed some of those threads very closely.

Everyone but me and zoink have empty avatars today ??

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton

View Post

No, I don't care at all. I never complain to IT, and frankly, none of the mods do. We all just sit around and laugh how stupid people are to put up with this.

View Post

Besides, everything's working perfectly, and nothing's wrong.

View Post

So getttttttttt ovr it.

eek.gif

whisper.gif Some text may have been removed for the lulz icon_lol.gif

Archived