Taking Recommendations on Rack Multi-effects Unit

selfinflikted

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by girevik

View Post

My biggest concern with any multi-effects device is how quickly I can get to a parameter to tweak something..

You know, it's funny you mention this. This is extremely important for me as well, but not only with multi-effects, but with everything in general - especially synths. Tis why I like lots (read: LOTS) of knobs and sliders and pots n such... I have to have the availability of immediate tweakage, otherwise my brain moves on to bigger and better things and I'm left just standing there .."Like, OMG. WTF. I lost it. /sadface"

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by selfinflikted

View Post

The boss pedals and effects just don't seem to be in the same ballpark as many of the other big name stomps. They just sound cheap to me. But again, this is all subjective. What sounds good to me may not sound good to the next person.

The RV3 and RV5 pedals sound pretty good. Terje Rypdal sounds great with an SD-1, but I have no personal experience with that, nor the Blues Driver. I know some people don't like the manner in which Boss pedals buffer the signal.

The main problem though with the RV-5 is that its priced too close to the Neunaber Wet or the TC Electronic Hall Of Fame reverb pedals.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by selfinflikted

View Post

Have you heard anything other than Digitech stuff? Digitech wasn't even on my radar.

I've since upgraded to an Eventide Eclipse which is supposedly killer with guitars but I haven't had anyone come over to try it with their axe. The Sherman Filterbank 2 has had quite a positive response from my guitarist friends. It just doesn't have any great reverbs or chorus effects. ;-)

Archived