5150 CREW!!!

GregLast

• Members

I didn't see a e-crew for all the 5150 users here, so I figure it's about time!

With the popularity of the 5150 and the populous' love/hate relationship with the amp I'd say it deserves it's own e-crew.

This is the thread to discuss all aspects of the 5150, top to bottom. 5150+/6505/6505+ and all combos as well.

Let it be know that this is the HARDEST crew in HCAF histroy!

BRING THE NOISE!

(don't forget to edit your sigs!)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do egg cartons really work?

That question was asked once over at the sneap boards. People say they do but according to the guys who would know (some acoustics people with devices that actually measure that stuff) not enough to matter. :thu:

The actual technical aspect of it was over my head.

• Members

Well, I've got a 5150, but I probably won't own it much longer, so I'm not going to join :p

I like it pretty well, but it's too buzzy/fizzy and gets harsh when cranked. Although, I do have an incredibly bright guitar and a mahogany V is next on my list, so I might change my mind then :idk:

• Members

My guitar is VERY dark in terms of tone, so I don't get that "can of bees" tone everyone speaks of. Every time I try to move on, I always end up with a 5150.

5150 + VHT FB412 + TS808 + mahogany body + EMGs = My sound, which I am 100% satisfied with

Count me in!

• Members

I just got mine a few months ago, and I have yet to play it very loud (yet). Setting wise, I've noticed that a lot of people turn the presence all the way down. What is the reason for this? I've noticed that with the volume low (apartment) turning the presence up gives it a little more bite. Does this become unbearable at louder settings or am I missing something? I've only had the pleasure of cranking it to about 1.5 - 2 at the most, but I could still get good tones out of it with the presence turned up or all the way down.

Anyways...YEAH 5150!

• Members

I dont know if you're being sarcastic, but i was dirt poor at the time. Had to do what i had to do. I dont regret the choice i made. I still want another 5150 though
:cry:

No I wasn't being sarcastic at all sorry for the mis comunication.

Basically I commend you on the kick ass action you did.

Archived