CLIPPAGE: New Band Song! Need some opinions...

WillShrdForFood

• Members

I think I've pretty much finished the rhythm guitar parts for my bands first tune. There are some parts left out, vocals, bass, and synths. All the empty space in the beginning is going to be filled with synth. There will be other synth work thruout the song, especially on the breakdown type part. The synth is going to be the most prominent in the mix there, which is why I just did a simple chug riff right there. What do you think?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=532661&songID=5423737

• Members

This should sound really fat when you add a bass to it. What did you do the drums with? The snare needs to be brought up, it gets buried in parts. Cool song btw. What kind of singer do you have?

• Members

This should sound really fat when you add a bass to it. What did you do the drums with? The snare needs to be brought up, it gets buried in parts. Cool song btw. What kind of singer do you have?

This was actually a song the other guitarist had written prior to me meeting him. I revised it, changed some riffs and added some riffs. Someone had done the drums for him. I think I hit up Bob (black neon bob) and see if he can throw down his studliness with the drums.

The vocalist is amazing...and we have two of them. The main vocalist can do just about anything. When I hear him I think Phil Labonte meets Bjorn from Soilwork. He has a great clean voice. And the other guitarist has this awesome Scar Symmetry low growl voice, plus he has come burly high screams, as well as a great clean voice. The vocals are going to be AMAZING. I can wait to hear what they do.

• Members

Cool man, when you get this thing finished I want to hear it. btw if bob can't do the drums I'd be willing to do it for you if needed, though he would be my first choice as well, he is incredible with all that stuff.

• Members

fill in the empty spaces with guitar stuff ala unearth, and {censored} the synths...i never have liked synths, so i'm a bit opinionated.

not too bad, though. i'd like to hear the finished product. the playing seems pretty clean, and the tone is pretty good for a POD.

• Members

guitars are too loud. there's synths? i can't hear them if there are. I like the riffing. Snare is too quite as well.

There WILL be synths but we havent got them recorded yet. It will be remixed, this is just the rough stuff to give to the drummer so he can check it out and start learning and writing to it.

• Members

I liked this a lot, the only part to me that I felt it lagged a bit was at roughly the 1:30 mark...that seemed to drag and linger a bit but I also understand the vuild and where you were going with it. Other than that, I thought it was great. Very good riffs and very catchy. I really liked it.

Thanks man...I think that part is going to have the main vocal line, which is why it seems longer. And towards the end where that one goes on for awhile at 2:54, thats going to be the solo section. Thanks for your input man!

• Members

sounds {censored}ing killer dude. get it done NOW!!!!!

edit: oh yeah, and if you ever need a gig in Vegas let me know!

Oh I'm gettin it done, I dont care if I have to woop every band members ass to get them to finish it, haha. The bassist is going to lay down his bass tracks today. The vocalist has been warming his voice back up (he really hasnt done any serious metal vocals since April when he left his old band. So hes getting his voice back up there. And we just recently acquired a drummer (yesterday actually).

You can count on that, I want to get out of Oklahoma ASAP and start getting our name out there.

• Members

Yeah i can definitly hear some Soilwork/Scar Symmetry influence in there. Which isnt a bad thing, seeing how both of those bands OWN

Yeah, me and the other guitarist are HUGE Soilwork and Scar Symmetry fans. He paid 30 bucks for a Peter Wichers pick on ebay...whats that tell you hahahaa....00BER FaNb0Y.

• Members

I think it sounds great. Another victory for Pod owners and more tube snobs that will walk away pissed off. Rarely do I compliment someone's tone on HCAF (I rarely put someone's tone down either...if ya ain't got nothing nice to say...)...so take that as a compliment...

Archived