New Rig!

enforcer

• Members

newrig.jpg

newrig2.jpg

Finally collected my new Bogner, bought an ubercab in the process too. I gotta say I need some major time with the uber, right now I vastly prefer my SE over it but then again the SE has been my trusty main amp for a year now. The cab is awesome, I like it better than my ENGL standard also with the SE, though I must say I also wanna try the new ENGL XL cabs.

Gonna play the hell out of it today though, still it strikes me I cannot get a really good palm mute sound out of the Uber, anybody any tips?

• Members

that's weird... there's things I wondered whether I'd like or not about the uberschall... but palm muting was not one of them.... what exactly do you mean? that thing has a ton of bass. it should chug with the best

Still cannot get a good "chugging" sound from it, really disappointed now, but I hear everywhere it should do that just fine. I guess my pre amp tubes might be bad. I'll change them this afternoon, I really liked some Uberschall clips I heard here and on the official bogner site (espcially the one by Jack Frost on there) but I am not able to get those sounds without a boost.

I love the Ubercab though!

• Members

It
does

This is a buddy of mine just {censored}ing around with my Uber... he's not even a guitarist, he's a drummer. No guitarists were present to help him dial it in either. Should be an easy process...

is that without any pedals or boosts? mine doesn't get nowhere near that amount of saturation/gain. I like that tone for shure, of course I know it will never be as tight as my ENGL but I didnt expected that, I thought they wuold pair up nice with recordings

• Members
Thanx, but last time I checked the UK was in Europe
;):)

Yes, but people from the UK arent normally called "Eurpoean" as such, theres a kinda, barrier between us and the rest of europe which all the politicians are trying to break down but the UK'ers dont want it (eg the Euro and our unwillingness to join it) and stuff.

Plus theres a huge difference between the amps the UK produce and those Europe produce, Diezel and Engl VS Marshall and Matamp? :p

Nonetheless, awesome rig, im jealous :p

• Members
Yes, but people from the UK arent normally called "Eurpoean" as such, theres a kinda, barrier between us and the rest of europe which all the politicians are trying to break down but the UK'ers dont want it (eg the Euro and our unwillingness to join it) and stuff.

Plus theres a huge difference between the amps the UK produce and those Europe produce, Diezel and Engl VS Marshall and Matamp?
:p

Nonetheless, awesome rig, im jealous
:p

I was just joking, but I don't feel European at all, I am primarily Dutch and maybe very distantly feeling European LOL! no worries and thanx!

• Members

The uber is a vastly different amp then the Engl.

It's very dynamic and loose, it's going to reflect your playing way more then the Engl. You really have to make sure your technique is dead on or it's going to sound muddy and sloppy.

-W

I'd think you'd have to be more accurate with a very tight and clean responding amp. I put in some old EH pre amp tubes and it already sounds better though I am not whure wether this is gonna be a keeper yet, it is indeed pretty loose.

• Members

I'd think you'd have to be more accurate with a very tight and clean responding amp. I put in some old EH pre amp tubes and it already sounds better though I am not whure wether this is gonna be a keeper yet, it is indeed pretty loose.

It's the complete opposite. That's probably why you see so many "technical" bands using something like the 5150. An amp like that has no dynamics and it covers up a lot of slop. I don't mean bad notes, but things like inconsistent picking and the such.

The looseness will cover up a degree of slop, but if you're chugging and you're picking 1 and 3 very heavy and the other notes not as much, it's gonna come out like mud.

I never experimented with tubes in the uber. In the XTC though, I hated the "high gain" tubes like tung-sol, and found that the old standard 9th gen chineese actually sounded best. May be worth a try. What powertubes are you running?

-W

• Members

It's the complete opposite. That's probably why you see so many "technical" bands using something like the 5150. An amp like that has no dynamics and it covers up a lot of slop. I don't mean bad notes, but things like inconsistent picking and the such.

The looseness will cover up a degree of slop, but if you're chugging and you're picking 1 and 3 very heavy and the other notes not as much, it's gonna come out like mud.

I never experimented with tubes in the uber. In the XTC though, I hated the "high gain" tubes like tung-sol, and found that the old standard 9th gen chineese actually sounded best. May be worth a try. What powertubes are you running?

-W

I have tried several types now, sovtek, EH, Mesa, TAD's but it keeps on sounding muffled and dull, indeed very bassy. The EH's sound best to me and I am getting some chinese tubes in next week. The Poweramp has a brand new quad of TAD's. I don't get it.....

WIth my Marshall Jackhammer in front it sounds pretty awesome, but IMO such an expensive amp should sound like that on it's own.

• Members
newrig.jpg

newrig2.jpg

Finally collected my new Bogner, bought an ubercab in the process too. I gotta say I need some major time with the uber, right now I vastly prefer my SE over it but then again the SE has been my trusty main amp for a year now. The cab is awesome, I like it better than my ENGL standard also with the SE, though I must say I also wanna try the new ENGL XL cabs.

Gonna play the hell out of it today though, still it strikes me I cannot get a really good palm mute sound out of the Uber, anybody any tips?

Nice looking stack!

I HAD two ubers... (still have my uber kab, it's really a nice 4x12)

All my ENGLS especially my SE stomped 'em into the ground made both of my ubers look like a girly girls amp... Muwahahahahahahahaha...!!!

ENGL SE = BEST HIGAIN HEAD EVER AND EVER FOR EVAR !!!

xgx

• Members

I had some cool tone just minutes ago with a Marshall jackhammer pedal in front, but I really haven;t dialed anything in that would make me wanna replace my SE. The Uber however does has a very throaty sound, pretty raw and ballsy, but it just lacks the finesse the SE has. That's my conclusion for now. Let's see when I have the Chinese tubes in.....

I do agree that the SE is the best high gain head I have played in my life.

Archived