New Rig!

enforcer

• Members

Nice looking stack!

I HAD two ubers... (still have my uber kab, it's really a nice 4x12)

All my ENGLS especially my SE stomped 'em into the ground made both of my ubers look like a girly girls amp... Muwahahahahahahahaha...!!!

ENGL SE = BEST HIGAIN HEAD EVER AND EVER FOR EVAR !!!

xgx

too bad you've said this about 30 different amps

• Members

too bad you've said this about 30 different amps

I know what you mean, but I have to be honest, the SE is also still the amp to which I measure all others. I know everybody thinks I am an ENGL whore but I am genuie about this. In principle I dont give a {censored} which brand is on my amp as long as it suonds the way want. By now I owned most high end, well most high gainers in general and I always seem to come back with ENGL, people can bash them all they want but I think they are fabulous amps.

That being said with a boost the Uberschall definately sounds very angry, I have to see if it will suit me in the long run. On it's own I think it doesn't sound too godo for an amp head that expensive, it may be point to point wired/boutique quality and all that (chassis mounted post blablabla) but it still doesn't sound as good as my SE or my old Powerball.

With my boost in front though it has a pretty unique sound and I really like that. It's raw and big sounding, but it lacks definition and tightness, not that I was expecting ENGL/VHT pick response but it's inded pretty loose sounding,I thjought it would b on par with let's say a marshall, but it's deginately more into Recto territory. I'd say with a boost in front it's just tight ebough for what I do. I'll see how it sounds with the other pre amp tubes. I am really shure it'll do very well recorded togheter with the SE. because it has a pretty different sound. I candefinately see how some people like the Ubers voicing but I can't really comprehend why pay so much if you still need outboard kit to make it really work.

• Members

Those clips were done with Chinese 9ths, which replaced Tung Sols. To me, it was a very positive change.

and no, there were no boosts, the dude who dialed that in doesn't really know what he's doing, he's just patient. It definitely worked out for him tho, I think his stuff sounds great.

My band isn't quite as metal or chugga chugga, we are going more for the frantic Converge-ish type of thing. We listen to a lot of Drowningman, Deadguy, Botch, Zao (assorted line ups and periods, haha), Breather Resist/Young Widows, that whole thing... but you can check us and our half assed myspace page out here

Also, the Uber will show more mistakes than your average amp. I had to get used to that, but it really helped my playing. And I loved how raw and angry it sounded, i've said that a million times, and I'll probably say it a million more.

• Members

where did you get it from??

LOL just from a music store here in The Hague....

BTW I still think on it's own the uber doesn't sound very good, with a boost I am starting to dig it. But I miss tightness.

• Members

there is obviously something wrong with you/your amp:p my uber has tons of gain( i run it at only 11 oclock) its brutal as hell but still so {censored}ing velvety smooth, it just makes me smile, it has more low end depth than anything ive tried, amazing chuggin tone, it can tighten up ALOT with proper boosting, but i think it sounds awesome without any kind of boost out front, but i do use one once and awhile

http://bogneramplification.com/UberMikeTemp02.mp3

this is pretty close to my sound right now, a little harsher tho

• Members
LOL just from a music store here in The Hague....

BTW I still think on it's own the uber doesn't sound very good, with a boost I am starting to dig it. But I miss tightness.

hmmmmm,
imo there is no tighter amp than an engl, maybe a VHT, but ENGL seem to make the tightest amps imo. So I think you might struggle to find something as tight, esp without a boost. :(

• Members

Bogner says the only preamp tubes that will work "properly" with the Uberschall head are the 9th generation Chinese. The Uber is looser than the Engl though. Engl rules!!!! The Uber has a very sensitive presence knob. It changes the whole eq spectrum in the amp. My experience with that amp was that I had to have the presence and mid real high up. The bass knob really didn't make too much difference from 11 to full on. I think I had the gain knob fairly low like I do with my Engl. It wont ever chug like the Engl though. I like your Engl clips though. The enforcer stuff sounds tight as hell. I haven't really heard many clips with the Engl SE that sound like the SE. Yours kill!

Archived