OT: fashion advice

pogo97

• Members

Golly fellas, it's kind of springy up here. Yesterday it got up to 19c and I almost considered shorts. But I'm still wearing my long underwear from the winter and am just a bit hesitant to doff it.

Whatever shall I do?

• Members

Start unpicking the stitches between the pants and the top half?

I asked my wife to stop sewing me in like that anymore; it makes it hard to cavort.

Maybe you're thinking of what I call a union suit; I don't have one of those though there are times when I wouldn't mind. They're very warm. As are these, I'm sure:

underwear.jpg

• Members

I wear jeans every work day pretty much, except the approximately one day per year when I get to meet the CEO (which was last week) for at most 90 seconds. Then I wear slacks. On some weekends during the winter I wear LL Bean sweat pants, which are very heavy and very warm. Usually I get to a point where they become too hot and I pull them up to my knees, at least at home, with much laughter and teasing from wife, but I really don't care. I try not to wear shorts but it becomes necessary on occasion, like when I have to go someplace other than my house which is kept at a comfortable 68F +/- 2F pretty much all year round.

• Members

Shorts and long underwear don't look that weird... if you're a hipster.

Seriously though I love that first day when it gets warm enough to go on a bike ride without thermals on (happened last weekend).. its like.. "Hello world!!"... Ditch the longjohns and just wear jeans dude.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived