FYI Warren DeMartini proud Diezel Owner

JohnRageOn

• Members

Apparently Warren joined the Diezel crew too.

The happy thing is that the arsenal grows stronger every day.

On the vids below he's using a VH4 and on top of it is an SLO switched off :D:D:D

Warren used (and perhaps still uses) SLOs for many years and was one of Soldano's major endorsers from the very beginning.

It's another example of players with a great taste who now rely on Diezels for their sound.

The VH4 can be seen on the bottom right part of the stage.

• Members

Diezels are great but Soldanos are great as well. You get to a certain point where most amps in the top price ranges are all clear, articulate ,toneful. It's just a matter of personal taste as to which one you prefer.

BTW, Ratt sounds just as bad live as I remember them back in '85. I liked them back in the day but they were the worst concert I have ever seen.

• Members

Diezels are great but Soldanos are great as well. You get to a certain point where most amps in the top price ranges are all clear, articulate ,toneful. It's just a matter of personal taste as to which one you prefer.

BTW, Ratt sounds just as bad live as I remember them back in '85. I liked them back in the day but they were the worst concert I have ever seen.

Yes man I love Soldanos too!

SLO is the grandpa of all those heads.

• Members

So...just like every other hair metal guy who's switched to Diezel or Bogner, he can now sound like crap. No thanks. Those guys need to realize that their signature tones were created on Marshalls, and stick with that.

Nothing sounds worse than George Lynch on Bogners...just pitiful.

• Members

So...just like every other hair metal guy who's switched to Diezel or Bogner, he can now sound like crap. No thanks. Those guys need to realize that their signature tones were created on Marshalls, and stick with that.

Nothing sounds worse than George Lynch on Bogners...just pitiful.

Modded Marshalls :D:D:D

• Members

Apparently Warren joined the Diezel crew too.

The happy thing is that the arsenal grows stronger every day.

On the vids below he's using a VH4 and on top of it is an SLO switched off
:D:D:D
Warren used (and perhaps still uses) SLOs for many years and was one of Soldano's major endorsers from the very beginning.

It's another example of players with a great taste who now rely on Diezels for their sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZdoNqMntHs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzBil08LQeU

The VH4 can be seen on the bottom right part of the stage.

More people realize the greatness of Diezel amps every day. Glad Warren is one of them. :thu:

• Members

Guys the tone is not bad it's just 2 bootleg videos.

And I believe that Warren plays well in them.

If it was a pro shot then your comments would make sense.

I'm sure the band probably sounds very good, although it's true the awful video quality hides it. There's no hiding Pearcy though, he sounds horrible. :o

EDIT I went back and listened to several songs from that concert, is Peacy's voice permanently shot now or was he having a bad night? Shit vocals, and I've heard him sound very good live. Definitely not during this concert though.........

• Members

I'm sure the band probably sounds very good, although it's true the awful video quality hides it. There's no hiding Pearcy though, he sounds horrible.
:o

EDIT I went back and listened to several songs from that concert, is Peacy's voice permanently shot now or was he having a bad night? Shit vocals, and I've heard him sound very good live. Definitely not during this concert though.........

The funny thing is that I read somewhere that his influences (Pearcy) were Halford and Plant :D:D:D

I must admit that although he was never one of my favorite singers he gives the band a certain style, a sleazy feel. But on stage he sucks big time.

I mean the guy sings one octave down.

• Members

I'm not basing my comments on that video, I'm basing my comments on every Ratt recording in my CD collection. Warren is one of the best guitarists of the 80s in my opinion, but his tone is not very good.

I partially agree. Afte Reach for the Sky his tone is awesome and especially on the Ratt CD (though I don't like the majority of songs). It's a well aptured SLO tone.

• Members

I'm not basing my comments on that video, I'm basing my comments on every Ratt recording in my CD collection. Warren is one of the best guitarists of the 80s in my opinion...

i like his tone a little bit less than Lynch tone, but still sound very good... Bill Leverty (Firehouse) is another underated tone monster from hair metal era IMO

• Members

His modded Marshall tones were nice but I still prefer Out of the Cellars Laney + Warren tones best. Too bad they really arent relevant anymore other than past classics. And they lost there balls when Robin was cut out of the writing process IMO as well.

• Members

Man they vocals sound bad as said earlier. The Round and Round solo sucked. He just crammed some standard GC box wank in there. That solo with the stretch licks and vibrato was bad ass on the recording. Also ,I wonder why they didn't do the harmony solo together.

Oh the amp sounded generic but it's probably the recording.

Archived