FYI Warren DeMartini proud Diezel Owner

JohnRageOn

• Members

there music was nothing more than "cotton candy" . Some big sellers years and years ago but nothing classic or anything you'd want to listen to other than silly nostalgia. Warren is a good "soloist" but not really a well rounded player with alot of depth..he could burn on a hard rock song but never really was a total package type of guitar here guy like a van halen, nuno bettencourt, etc.

• Members

there music was nothing more than "cotton candy" . Some big sellers years and years ago but nothing classic or anything you'd want to listen to other than silly nostalgia. Warren is a good "soloist" but not really a well rounded player with alot of depth..he could burn on a hard rock song but never really was a total package type of guitar here guy like a van halen, nuno bettencourt, etc.

Have u listened to the 'Crazy Enough To Sing For You' and 'Surf's Up'.

Well he's quite well rounded.

• Members

I thought he did the best he could with the Round and Round solo considering his high E string broke a few bars into it.

Man they vocals sound bad as said earlier. The Round and Round solo sucked. He just crammed some standard GC box wank in there. That solo with the stretch licks and vibrato was bad ass on the recording. Also ,I wonder why they didn't do the harmony solo together.

Oh the amp sounded generic but it's probably the recording.

• Members

I recently saw the Ratt show and Warren's playing was fine and his tone was very good for what I could hear of it. Looked to be all Diezel as the Soldano was never lit. Pearcy was truly horrible but he never really had a voice to begin with, so take it for what it's worth. The mix was piss poor and there's not much you can do about that, although I don't understand how Poison gets such a vastly superior production, regardless of whether they were the headliner. I guess whatever it takes to make sure CC's Crate amps and Michael's poor harmonica playing comes through loud and clear. :rolleyes: Oh, did I mention the huge amount of unskinny bop-bop walking around. :freak: This country is now officially a fat farm. :eek:

Anyway, I don't understand how anyone who loves hard rock guitar tones, or metal in general, can dispute how great Warren's tone was on the releases Invasion and even Out of the Cellar. The opening riff to Lay it Down is as quintessential and in your face a 3-dimensional, modded Marshall tone as there ever was and for some reason if it doesn't get you by the nut hairs, then maybe you need to trade in your current rig for a Fender Twin and an Bob Seger CD...or better yet, a walker and a AARP card. ;)

• Members

i was a big ratt fan, I had "invasion of your privacy" and "out of the cellar" ON VINYL! :eek: But that ratt youtube is truly abysmal, painful to watch, its funny when you see all the tards in the audience start pumping their arms for the fave song!

You will never get me within ten miles of a freakin Poison show, I'd prolly get truly violent and might kill someone if I was ever subjected to that idiocy.

• Members

i was a big ratt fan, I had "invasion of your privacy" and "out of the cellar" ON VINYL!
:eek:
But that ratt youtube is truly abysmal, painful to watch, its funny when you see all the tards in the audience start pumping their arms for the fave song!

You will never get me within ten miles of a freakin Poison show, I'd prolly get truly violent and might kill someone if I was ever subjected to that idiocy.

I hear ya. Youtube clips are rarely good enough to base anything on. I only went to see Ratt since I never had the opportunity back then and probably wouldn't have even gone if I wasn't attached to the ball and chain with boobs, but after going, I now hate Poison more than before. Mostly due to the lopsided differences in sound quality. No reason to sh1t on Ratt like they're a retarded stepchild. They at least deserve decent sound, even if Blotzer is an A-hole. :lol:

Ratt would have been better off setting up in the parking lot with the house system from a local bar.

• Members

I just watched the trainwreck video again , Warren's tone and playing were very good (kudos Peter) . I just watched some old live videos on youtube and Pearcy's voice was not bad live back then. Warren really does kick all kinds of ass though.

• Members

I saw ratt a couple nights ago and it wasn't as bad as the youtube video or as bad as most of you guys are saying, I've been a fan since out of the cellar and I've seen pearcy a bunch times and he doesn't have the best voice but he was better than some of the other times I seen him, the rest of the band sounded pretty good, warren and crab did the harmony part of round and round, warrens tone was ok but I wished he would have used his slo 100 instead of the vh4, I'm not a fan of the vh4 tone, warren played all his solos and rhythm on ch3.

• Members

If you ever need a clone, let me know John.

Me need :)

Me love you :love::love::love:

Seriously, If you have time it would be greatly appreciated, because I know you're busy at work and that you have a family.

Let me know and of course I'll pay all the costs. :thu:

• Members

Trannies are New Sensor and a Hammond 3H choke. PCB built, 100% clone (I can change this of that if you want . . .).

I will think about the loop, shouldn't be a problem. If you want, you can have it around early september/mid september.

Just let me know til next Wednesday, because I'm going on vacation with my fiancee. Take your time don't rush. Alex's head is a priority (otherwise he'll kick my ass).

Just check if the loop mod is possible and that it's not a problem and If you can provide me a bit more info (mods, functionality) it is always welcome :wave:

• Members

So far there aren't any mods. 100% clone with 4 VTLs, just the loop has a more practical level than the original.

What I would recommend is:

better clean (thats just one resistor 100k instead of 39k) to give more clean volume.

better crunch (thats also one R/C change - 2M2/120pF vs. 680k)

I would leave the lead channel untouched.

Ah, it has a depth mod of course.

I will look up the loop thing and let you now in a few minutes.

• Members

So far there aren't any mods. 100% clone with 4 VTLs, just the loop has a more practical level than the original.

What I would recommend is:

better clean (thats just one resistor 100k instead of 39k) to give more clean volume.

better crunch (thats also one R/C change - 2M2/120pF vs. 680k)

I would leave the lead channel untouched.

Ah, it has a depth mod of course.

I will look up the loop thing and let you now in a few minutes.

Of course take your time.

• Members

After your vacation, John. Although I will start to fool around with it a bit (and Alex' amp of course).

I have to clean it up a bit inside and add fixing screws for the metal chassis somehow . . .

Ok take your time, do your stuff, your mods, whatever you want (I trust your taste and ears) and let me know :D:D:D

Archived