'65 Deluxe Reverb (not reissue)

echodeluxe

• Members

someone emailed me about my craigslist ad for the hot rod deluxe im selling. he wants to trade me a '65 deluxe reverb for it.

is it just me, or does this sound insane? he says the amp is in great condition and works great.

whats this amp like? i have a silverface bassman and love it.

• Members

someone emailed me about my craigslist ad for the hot rod deluxe im selling. he wants to trade me a '65 deluxe reverb for it.

is it just me, or does this sound insane? he says the amp is in great condition and works great.

whats this amp like? i have a silverface bassman and love it.

Sounds stolen to me

• Members

you sound stolen to me.

jk.

ugh. yeah. it probably is stolen or has something wrong with it. a man can dream though, right?

I'm not stolen, nobody'd want me, I play loud from time to time. ;):D

Dreams are great, but plans that turn into results are better. :thu: SO... Check it out, the guy may just be a noob.

• Members

Like most people, he probably doesn't realize that it's a reissue. Ask again and again to try to find out.

Or...maybe he doesn't realize what it's worth and/or needs a louder amp. Hard to believe this could be the case though. Go check it out for yourself. Even in crappy condition, this would be an excellent trade for you.

• Members

Dude, even if it is a RI, it's still better than that Hotrod deluxe! I really hate those cheap crappy things! I was at my amp techs picking up my SFDR, it's a '76 model, so it's not all that collectible, but it's a great amp, 30 years old and good for another 30 years easily. My tech says those cheap Fenders - Blues Jr, Pro Jr, HRD, Blues Deluxe, Deville, etc are built to last as long as their 5 year warranty .... IF that long.

• Members

Dude, even if it is a RI, it's still better than that Hotrod deluxe! I really hate those cheap crappy things! I was at my amp techs picking up my SFDR, it's a '76 model, so it's not all that collectible, but it's a great amp, 30 years old and good for another 30 years easily. My tech says those cheap Fenders - Blues Jr, Pro Jr, HRD, Blues Deluxe, Deville, etc are built to last as long as their 5 year warranty .... IF that long.

your tech sounds like a tool.

this amp was made in 99 in the usa. no issues whatsoever.

the hot rod amps can be awesome IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM.

ill try to get more info from the guy and see what hes got.

• Members

I live in Nashville and bad amp techs don't last very long as the word gets around. The tech that told me that was Todd Sharp - Google him and you'll see he's a total pro. If he's a tool, he's a Craftsman, Dewalt, Makita. He says the Fender Hot Rod series is ok, just very cheaply constructed and not able to take much vibration or shock. If it's sitting in one place or moved very carefully, no problem. I was on the road for 6 years and i've played clubs locally average of 45 dates a year for the last 20 years and i've never known any pros who were all that careful with their amps!

• Members

your tech sounds like a tool.

this amp was made in 99 in the usa. no issues whatsoever.

FWIW, the Hot Rods have been known to have a lot of issues with the input jacks and the PCB, so his tech isn't too far off base. They aren't built to last for years on the road, they're built to make a decent amount of sound and to be sold at a good price point.

Archived