Bodycount- is that a Recto?

petejt

• Members

You know the song where Ice-T is chanting "Bodycount body-mother{censored}en-count" & all layered, and there's those triplety riffs and then just slam chords? In the beginning

The tone to me sounds like an early Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier. It sounds loose, and big, and that characteristic buzz when the gain is up way too high.

Is it? I'm sure that the song was recorded in the early 1990s, when the Rectos were first released.

Later on in the song the gain is tamed a little, and more layered, a bit more compressed and tamed, but big-sounding.

• Members

Not really sure but OMFG, a Body Count thread 1!!11
:thu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSCQyAZXBG0

Thanks mate!

Yeah just recently I've been getting right into the ol' Body Count stuff, it's pretty good {censored}. :cool: I don't mind some old skewl rap, old rap metal is alright, compared to the later nu-metal. A mate of mine at work got me hooked into it, he'd play it off the toughbooks out in the field.

At first I thought the amp might be a boosted fizzy-sounding Marshall layered heaps, but then I thought it might be an old Recto.

Hopefully someone knows about it?

• Members

the new version of body count uses mesa. back in the day it was marshalls. but ice t was so rich he could drop whatever amount f money on gear lol. so it could be anything.

theres only 2 original members in the new body count. the lead guitarist and ice t. the rest died of cancer and one died in a drive by while he was working for iggy pop.

• Members
Thanks mate!

Yeah just recently I've been getting right into the ol' Body Count stuff, it's pretty good {censored}.
:cool:
I don't mind some old skewl rap, old rap metal is alright, compared to the later nu-metal. A mate of mine at work got me hooked into it, he'd play it off the toughbooks out in the field.

At first I thought the amp might be a boosted fizzy-sounding Marshall layered heaps, but then I thought it might be an old Recto.

Hopefully someone knows about it?

sounds a lot like old school hardcore too. I never thought I'd see an Ice T/ Body Count in HC. Awesome.:cool:

• Members

In the second part of the song "Body Muthafukin Count" (you hear the singer shout out "1994" and his voice has been lowered an octave), the guitar tone sounds tighter, not so buzzy and fizzy as like in the first part of the song (with the police radio talking & siren), more like a modified Marshall/maybe Mark series Boogie tone?

It's interesting to see that they possibly used MarkIII amps. Thanks folks for mentioning that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Not sure what the song actually sounds like, but you could certainly get a huge fizzy tone out of a Mark III with way too much gain and an exaggerated V.

The more I listen to the song, the more it sounds like what you described.

Very mechanical, clanky sounding.

It's wierd, as halfway through one of the songs (Body Mutha{censored}in Count), it sounds like they backed off the gain slightly and added some "distance" to the sound (not so clacky and in your face), and the tone is HUGE!

Archived