NEW Elektron teaser site ''tradition-and-future'' for an upcoming product

Bernard

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saw Dataline's demo vid yesterday, but was too lazy to post it, because I knew Bernard would put it up anyway. smile.gif

Read the thread on his demo in elektron-users, and noticed yet another FAQ section I don't recall reading before - about Performance Mode. Sounds nice...

• Members

Looks like they have updated their FAQ (also I notice a new typo on the question of Poly not copied here, suggests they may still be working on that and close to an update)

Midi extract:

'' What can I use the CV/Gate outputs for?

Analog equipment of all kinds can be sequenced with the dedicated CV track. Old and new synthesizers with Control Voltage inputs, modular systems, analog sequencers, etc. The four CV/Gate outputs of the Analog Four can also be controlled by incoming MIDI data, which may eliminate your need of external MIDI-to-CV converters.

The CV/Gate outputs can output Control Voltages for controlling any parameter or pitch (both V/oct and Hz/V with variable scalings and offsets), Trig & Gate pulses for trigging envelopes (both V-trig and S-trig with any levels up to 10 volts), and repetitive Clock pulses for syncing analog sequencers, drum machines, LFOs and more. The CV track also has dedicated envelopes and LFOs that can be output as Control Voltages.

Even though there is just one dedicated CV sequencer track, the notes from any track can be the source of CV/Gate events, meaning that external synths can follow internal synth tracks. It is also possible for the FX track to host "hidden" notes which are not used by the effects, but instead for CV/Gate purposes

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

Love the Tussssh Tussssh Tussssh...

Such a great sounding analog, not messy or rough, always a nice character to it

Yes, that demo caused me to put one on order. Now I'm sold on it despite having a polyphonic mode.

Time to spam HC and/or get on E-bay and give my Mint Slimphatty a new home.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MuzikB

View Post

Yes, that demo caused me to put one on order. Now I'm sold on it despite having a polyphonic mode.

Time to spam HC and/or get on E-bay and give my Mint Slimphatty a new home.

Good luck, I would love to be buying one too. One of the few RA's I really like the sound of...

• Members

View Post

Good luck, I would love to be buying one too. One of the few RA's I really like the sound of...

Now I see it's usefulness beyond the initial mudstep demos. It has envelope fast enough to create excellent synthesized percussion sounds and has a pleasing tone without it being to wide (Moog) or too rough and/or harsh (Mopho, Minibrute)

• Members

View Post

Read the elektron-users thread on this video. Dataline said he has the A4 sending MIDI to the Octatrack. Hmm... I thought the FAQ said no MIDI tracks on the A4 sequencer...I wonder what kind of MIDI messages he has the A4 sending... just clock, or also note data, continuous controllers...?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by girevik

View Post

Read the elektron-users thread on this video. Dataline said he has the A4 sending MIDI to the Octatrack. Hmm... I thought the FAQ said no MIDI tracks on the A4 sequencer...I wonder what kind of MIDI messages he has the A4 sending... just clock, or also note data, continuous controllers...?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...1#post47105364

'' (d) ?@d01

@WeAreElektron Does the AFour have a MIDI sequencing mode, like the Mono? How is ext. MIDI seq. accomplished?

Details

Elektron Elektron ?@WeAreElektron

@d01 Nope, no MIDI seq. It sends clock and knob twists, but nothing else

Retweet

Favorite

12:34 AM - 15 Nov 12

• Members

Mine arrived this afternoon. It is going to take a while to learn to fly around on it. The factory patterns are pretty cool, but the point is to roll my own. One way the thing does not overlap the modular is that you can plug in a good set of headphones and sit down with it on the couch.

Sadly, when I turned my Machinedrum on today, the display was all flakey and nothing responded. I tried going into the system menu to rest the machine with no luck. I think it will be going in for repairs... I am waiting for a reply from Elektron support... Sigh.

Archived