Bernard

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Casio Man

View Post

"...We are however thinking a lot about different approaches to this feature."

I don't think poly mode is a big issue IMHO - that fact that you could P-Lock a new sound on any step within any track makes it pretty powerful as it stands.

Besides which I already have a Monomachine for those duties.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by liliththekitten

View Post

looks and sounds awesome and price is not terrible!

passed on a Monomachine a while back, I would think I would love one of those!

Talking of sounds, the sound cloud demos sound a little muffled compared to a YouTube of one of those same demos. Compare these at leveled volume:

http://soundcloud.com/elektron/analo...xi-disc-scaaat

Could be the way the did the final mix for youtube. I guess they also use different compression and Youtube just sounds better..

Be nice to hear this thing as Waves... May help them sell more smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

Talking of sounds, the sound cloud demos sound a little muffled compared to a YouTube of one of those same demos. Compare these at leveled volume:

http://soundcloud.com/elektron/analo...xi-disc-scaaat

Could be the way the did the final mix for youtube. I guess they also use different compression and Youtube just sounds better..

Be nice to hear this thing as Waves... May help them sell more smile.gif

Why focus on that demo when there is this slice of awesome - 100% Analog Four

http://soundcloud.com/elektron/elektron-analog-four-1

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by liliththekitten

View Post

So it can play chords?

It works as 4 monophonic synths, so each sequencer track is monophonic (no chords). This is according to the FAQ anyway.

It doesn't look like I can plug a keyboard controller into the MIDI In and play chords. I don't even think it can be played by a MIDI controller - the only way to play it is via the onboard sequencer. At least that's my impression.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by girevik

View Post

It works as 4 monophonic synths, so each sequencer track is monophonic (no chords). This is according to the FAQ anyway.

It doesn't look like I can plug a keyboard controller into the MIDI In and play chords. I don't even think it can be played by a MIDI controller - the only way to play it is via the onboard sequencer. At least that's my impression.

Actually it can be sequenced via "midi over usb" i.e. from your Daw USB out to A4 USB in - it clearly states so in the FAQ on Elektron's page wink.gif

And I quote - MIDI can be received through the USB port. The port can also be used when upgrading the Analog Four OS.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by U&I

View Post

Actually it can be sequenced via "midi over usb" i.e. from your Daw USB out to A4 USB in - it clearly states so in the FAQ on Elektron's page wink.gif

And I quote - MIDI can be received through the USB port. The port can also be used when upgrading the Analog Four OS.

From what I understand, the A4 sends/receive DIN Sync through the MIDI ports and that's about it. There is nothing on the site that indicates I can plug a MIDI keyboard into the MIDI In and play the thing. For most modern synths, that would be a given, but because there is no support for MIDI tracks within the A4 sequencer - which implies it doesn't send much out of the MIDI Out other than DIN Sync - one cannot help but question what is supported on the incoming side as well.

I'm sure the manual will clear some of this up, when it does get posted up.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Wu

View Post

no playability thru a keyboard would be kinda silly wouldnt it?

I agree. No point in MIDI jacks if it can't receive or send MIDI note data. That would be like blowing your own foot off with a shotgun in relation to marketing and sales.

• Members

''MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN Sync Out''

Sync out only suggests Midi in will be more than just a ''sync''.

I cannot see any PDF Manuals on their site (for any product), but I do hope they do one for this, as general release, as that should explain what we need to know thumb.gif

Great new Demo's love.giflove.giflove.gif

• Members

http://www.elektron.se/products/analog?section=faq

Does the Analog Four have dedicated MIDI sequencer tracks?

No. Instead it features a dedicated CV/Gate track, controlling the two dual CV/Gate outputs.

That's why the MIDI implementation on the Analog Four is a mystery. No MIDI sequencer tracks probably means no MIDI output other than sync. But we shall see when the manual comes out. I wouldn' t mind being proven wrong here. Each new demo is raising my interest in the A4 - well, up from next to no interest other than being entertained by the commercial, to a "hmmm show me more" level of interest. A manual would certainly help raise it even more.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MuzikB

View Post

So the sequencer is strictly internal and if in a MIDI chain, it would have to be last. It appears they made a trade on MIDI for the CV functionality.

Still does not confirm the Midi In spec, so some hope remains for that side of it ;-)

Archived