TIP for next time you ship an amp.

mdb8778

• Members

I don't know what you guys use as padding when you ship your amps, but I just discovered that it works well to use 20oz soda or water bottles in combination with bubble wrap when shipping an amp. I did about 3 layers of bubble wrap on a Cyber deluxe combo, then used empty bottles to surround it and cushion it. Works well because there is still air in the bottles and you can squeeze air out to fit tight spaces. There would be a good 4 inch gap between the amp and the side of the box and its held in place securely. Just realized this because I always save these bottles and I had no foam or peanuts to ship the amp. I packaged it up and its a very solid package. Heads up.

• Members
I did about 3 layers of bubble wrap on a Cyber deluxe combo, then used empty bottles to surround it and cushion it. Works well because there is still air in the bottles and you can squeeze air out to fit tight spaces.

plus, it prolly wouldn't sink if the transport plane crashed into the sea or something :thu::D
imagine, a plane that was carrying your amp crashes into the sea and now the rescue teams are searching for the black boxes on the bottom of the sea for days while your amp is floating

• Members
i'd just wrap it in a garbage bag and send it through ups.

I'm also always sure to mark the value of the item and what it is on the outside, in case any guitar players want to look inside the bag. Lately, my amps haven't been getting to their destination though.

:mad::mad::mad: at UPS.

I'm all like, what the hell, I shipped it, what do you mean, "In Transit" for 6 weeks. And they'er all like, well we scanned it, so whatever.:mad::mad:

Archived