selling gear to GC

wylderubicon

• Members

Hello, I am looking to get rid of some gear that I have to help me buy a Gibson Faded LP std. How much could I expect for the below?

Crate V30 head with footswitch
Crate cab 4 x 12
digitech GNX4 with 2 gb memory card
assortments of pedals including wah, EH big muf, tuners, dist, etc.

I will go very low without giving it away. I'm told I could sell it for better price on the web, as opposed to Guitar center, but I don't feel like dealing with it.

thanks

• Members

Hello, I am looking to get rid of some gear that I have to help me buy a Gibson Faded LP std. How much could I expect for the below?

Crate V30 head with footswitch

Crate cab 4 x 12

digitech GNX4 with 2 gb memory card

assortments of pedals including wah, EH big muf, tuners, dist, etc.

I will go very low without giving it away. I'm told I could sell it for better price on the web, as opposed to Guitar center, but I don't feel like dealing with it.

thanks

To guestimate, whatever your gear is worth on the used market, expect GC to pay half of that. They need to make sure they can make money off of it, so you really won't be getting much money from them.

• Members

Chuck, if I can't get $150 for the head at GC, I don't mind selling it to you. but I don't really feel like shipping it, Im in Jersey, how about you?

thanks for all the quick the advices. I'll see what they say, but at least I know what I am in for at GC :-)

• Members

Try Craigslist. It may take longer but youll get more than GC will give.

BTW that V 30 head is a steal at $200 fyi and thats without shipping. Just saying and yeah Id rather sell too a forum member or local enthusiest over GC anyday.

• Members

Bring some Vaseline so maybe it won't hurt so much. I would HIGHLY suggest "dealing with" selling your gear online wither through eBay or Craig's List. It will be worth it in the long run even if you have to wait longer for the guitar. You

• Members
Chuck, if I can't get $150 for the head at GC, I don't mind selling it to you. but I don't really feel like shipping it, Im in Jersey, how about you?

thanks for all the quick the advices. I'll see what they say, but at least I know what I am in for at GC :-)

Sorry man, I'm in Dallas. Let me know if you change your mind. I'll pay for shipping. :cool:

Archived