5150-III poping noise when switching channel

yngwie1993

• Members

just bought a new 5150-III last week, when i switch channel directly with the small push buttons on the amp or even when i use the footswitch,is it normal that it does a kind of poping sounds in my VHT cabinet?(very loud noise by the way)

also when i turn the power on,the 6L6 tubes are glowing normal,except when i take off the standby(usually after 2 minutes) the middle of the 6l6 tubes turns blue!

5150-III users,please tell me what you think...thanks!:confused:

• Members

I don't own one, but I played my buddy Johns for quite a while and it was dead silent when switched! We were even talking about how silent the switching is on the 5153. I would have that checked out for sure because it's NOT normal!

• Members

Mine makes a loud popping noise if I switch channels when the amp is not really warmed up. After the amp is warmed up, I don't hear a thing when I switch.

just bought a new 5150-III last week, when i switch channel directly with the small push buttons on the amp or even when i use the footswitch,is it normal that it does a kind of poping sounds in my VHT cabinet?(very loud noise by the way)

also when i turn the power on,the 6L6 tubes are glowing normal,except when i take off the standby(usually after 2 minutes) the middle of the 6l6 tubes turns blue!

5150-III users,please tell me what you think...thanks!
:confused:

• Members

5150-III users,please tell me what you think...thanks!
:confused:

huh strange. I watched a video and the guy playing the 5150 III said there's no noise when switching between channels, it flows

• Members

Sounds like you're experiencing a technical fault possibly? Does the pop happen at all volumes (loud/quiet) and after the amp has warmed up a bit?

Some amps pop on switch for the first few switches and a few switches back and forth at the start of day can resolve this. I can't stand amps with slow/noisy channel switch - it's a pet peeve of mine.

• Members

Mine makes a loud popping noise if I switch channels when the amp is not really warmed up. After the amp is warmed up, I don't hear a thing when I switch.

ditto. you can help this by pressing all of the footswitch buttons one at a time before you turn in the standby switch on, you get rid of some of the static in the relays. works well on my mesa.

• Members

I had the same problem with mine. It wasn't a click, but a loud pop. There was no way I could play without hearing it while switching channels. I took it back and got a new amp and it is dead silent on the switching, so something was going on there.

• Members

Sounds like you're experiencing a technical fault possibly? Does the pop happen at all volumes (loud/quiet) and after the amp has warmed up a bit?

Some amps pop on switch for the first few switches and a few switches back and forth at the start of day can resolve this. I can't stand amps with slow/noisy channel switch - it's a pet peeve of mine.

I always play at low volume and its making that noise...

• Members

usually,I let the amp warm up for about 2 minutes,never had any problems in the pass with different heads (single rectifier,engl fireball),right now thats what i do also with my mark IV combo,probably i will have to bring it back to the store for them to take a look to see if theres something wrong:freak:

• Members

usually,I let the amp warm up for about 2 minutes,never had any problems in the pass with different heads (single rectifier,engl fireball),right now thats what i do also with my mark IV combo,probably i will have to bring it back to the store for them to take a look to see if theres something wrong:freak:

I wish they had an email address to write to. I don't really mind the pop because it is not that bad once the amp has warmed up. I just want to make sure it will not damage the speaker.

• Members

I wish they had an email address to write to. I don't really mind the pop because it is not that bad once the amp has warmed up. I just want to make sure it will not damage the speaker.

yeah,the EVH website doesnt have a lot of options right now,anyway as I told you i ll probably ask the store to take a look,thanks for your help:thu:

Archived