OT: Is Atlanta nice to live in?

cov99

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

there's a lot of cool {censored} to do in atlanta, and it's a decent size city if that's what you like

there are some parts of town you REALLY wanna stay away from tho, and the traffic is some of the absolute worst on earth!

i like being a few hours out of atlanta to visit, i could see moving there for a few years for school, i'd never wanna settle there permanently

Man i miss it, but thats home to me.

• Members

LOL!! You can eat at the Varsity and {censored} for a month!!

i drive by there every time i go to the masquerade, and have never eaten there

there's a decent 24 hour spot a few exits up tho, the atlanta diner or some crap like that?

the guitar center in atlanta rules also...last time i was in there they had a diezel herbert, einstein, vht cl100, deliverance, an old trainwreck, old marshall superlead, prs private stock, some PRICEY vintage gibsons and fenders...all kinda cool {censored}

• Members

i can get there in 2 hours, every now and again i find myself wanting to go there...about the time i see the braves stadium and hit traffic i'm ready to leave

have you ever taken your girl to the westin hotel? the whole top floor spins and {censored} it's got a restaurant up there.

traffic's not that bad lol i went home 3 weeks ago and i thought it was about the same

• Members

Sorry I dint understand that, what is Loop 285?

I-285 is a highway that encircles the city of Atlanta. Think of it as the Atlanta 500. It can be sort of a bypass to avoid going through downtown. The semi trucks that have no business in town are supposed to use it to go around the city. Yeah, right.

I'm not crazy about Atlanta myself. I did live right on the southside, but now I'm about 40 miles south of it. And the traffic is STILL insane. The traffic is like this: You're either going 90 {censored}ing MPH(you have to to keep from getting run over), or, you're parked. It doesn't take much to bring traffic to a stand-still. It's a nightmare. And parts of Atl ARE like a rap video, but worse. There are nice places. I like Little 5 points. Because of the traffic, it pays to live intown if you have to BE intown for work or school.

• Members

have you ever taken your girl to the westin hotel? the whole top floor spins and {censored} it's got a restaurant up there.

traffic's not that bad lol i went home 3 weeks ago and i thought it was about the same

no i haven't

i'm usually a cheap bastard when it comes to hotels...that's money we could spend on doing other stuff

traffic isn't too bad if you kinda know your way around, and what to avoid...but it took me several years to get the hang of that; during busy hours tho the congestion + crazy/stupid drivers is worse than anything i've ever seen

NYC might be worse, but that whole city has it's own seperate driving rules so i don't even count that

• Members

i drive by there every time i go to the masquerade, and have never eaten there

there's a decent 24 hour spot a few exits up tho, the atlanta diner or some crap like that?

the guitar center in atlanta rules also...last time i was in there they had a diezel herbert, einstein, vht cl100, deliverance, an old trainwreck, old marshall superlead, prs private stock, some PRICEY vintage gibsons and fenders...all kinda cool {censored}

The guitar center is good... They always have a good selection of used boutique amps and the people are really knowledgable and nice, by far the best one I've been to. But if you want AMAZING guitars, amps, and pedals head down the road that GC is on a couple of miles (druid hills) and you'll come up on Midtown music. The guy there stocks some awesome guitars, lots of the most beautiful Historic Gibsons, Custom shop Fenders, PRS Private Stock, Rickenbacker, larrivees, Santa Cruz's, and a whole lot more that I can't even remember right now. Zvex, Fulltone, SPF, Moog, et al... Carr amps, Two Rock, 65 amps, Dr. Z, Hiwatt, Marshall HW, tons of Victoria, Star amps, and more boutique stuff I can't remember names... And all of the guitars and amps are able to just be picked up and played into any one of the amps.

Check it out, way worth the visit.

• Members

lol--

all you guys bitching about atlanta traffic is funny.

it is just run of the mill metro traffic.

it doesn't even compare to LA or SF or NYC or chicago so stop your whining.

i've been thru there several times- had to stay there overnight a few times and experienced atlanta rush hour 3 or 4 times- no big deal. i never once came to a dead stop there for an hour.

and the "no semi's through the middle" is serious buisiness- so that means all those trucks going inside the loop have deliveries there- amazing- isnt it?- stop buying food and everything else and they'll stop going there :)

interesting story-- i had to sleep there one night over on the NW side- just off the loop on 20- very first exit- went south about a few miles and there was this dirthole gas station with room for about 20 trucks- the hookers were rampant- it's the only place i've ever seen where the hookers' pimps were actually standing there watching them up by the store. they were very motivated. the guy next to me must have had about 5 hookers in his truck in 5 hours.... i was trying to sleep and at 1AM was woken up by the owners of the store and told to leave-- i guess because i wasnt partaking in the local buisiness and was taking up parking space.

• Members

i live about 1.5 hours southwest of atlanta. that's about as close as i want to get, too.

every time i go to the tabernacle, i end up getting lost in what i like to call "little africa" which is really scary. a friend of mine watched a guy get shot in the back there several years ago. scary place...kinda reminds me of judgment night. and i swear somebody takes down the roadsigns, which really helps me in getting lost.

so, anyway, atlanta is just like any other big city. if you don't have $1500 a month to spend on rent, i suggest you look elsewhere or live in a dorm.

• Members

i live about 1.5 hours southwest of atlanta. that's about as close as i want to get, too.

every time i go to the tabernacle, i end up getting lost in what i like to call "little africa" which is really scary. a friend of mine watched a guy get shot in the back there several years ago. scary place...kinda reminds me of judgment night. and i swear somebody takes down the roadsigns, which really helps me in getting lost.

so, anyway, atlanta is just like any other big city. if you don't have $1500 a month to spend on rent, i suggest you look elsewhere or live in a dorm.

go to buy.com and get a GPS; best $200 you'll ever spend if you ever go thru atlanta

• Members

Lived in metro ATL my whole life. Not interested in living in the city, but I lik,e the area I have been in and it only takes me 15 to 20 min to get to Atl. from here.

Lilburn, Lawrenceville, Duluth areas. I lived in Suwanee for awhile and wish I could go becak there. Little far out from th city though.

I could NOT live downtown., {censored} that {censored}. I like my nights quiet and peaceful, thanks.

• Members

Let me tell a story.

I went to a hypnosis/persuasion seminar last year, two actually, in Buckhead. On Sunday night, a bunch of us went out to the bars. We ended up at a place called "American Pie", the place was open until 4:00 a.m., on a Sunday night, and it was *crowded* with sexy women!

Lord on Earth, 90% of the women were like solid 9's, I'm not exaggerating.

The seminars were ran by a couple, and the woman was talking to us about Atlanta women at some point. She said, the difference between L.A. and Atlanta, is that in L.A., the women guage themselves, find their flaws, then go to the Plastic Surgeon and get it fixed.

In Atlanta, they just fix it all, right off the bat.

If that's what you're into, you know, perfectly formed women, then, son, get yourself down to Atlanta!!

My $.02 cents...

Archived