OT: Is Atlanta nice to live in?

cov99

• Members

Atlanta is my home now. Anyone who says it's a dangerous city is a {censored} for real, or just stupid. everyone here is for the most part very nice (even when they don't look it). If you look for trouble anywhere, it will find you. the majority of crime that happens here is from people who know each other... like, this dude messed with my girl, etc.

Pros- Little 5 points, felinis pizza, low cost of living, 3rd entertainment hub of the country behind nyc and l.a., virgina highlands, delta and airtran hub (easy to commute out of for cheap), good music scene, midtown music, boutique guitar exchange, slice, southern hospitality, ron and gladys chicken and waffles, r thomas french toast, atl braves, falcons and thrashers are a good thing as well imo, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN THIS COUNTRY (la, nyc, and d.c. are up there too though).

cons- spread out (30 minutes to anything), bad traffic in certain areas (my wife works downtown... 25 minute commute w/o traffic, 35 with unless there's a wreck), the hawks, everyone here is a producer/musician/writer (much competition), unlawful speed limits (55 everywhere... bad tickets when you break it), lower pay scale in certain arenas because of the cost of living, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN ANYWHERE... LOL.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The traffic sucks and it's the worst, most uncontrolled sprawl in the US. If stripmalls are your thing as far as culture is concerned, go for it. And the accent. .

I'm not saying people from Georgia are dumb, but they SOUND dumb, so it's hard to give them a fair shake at disproving their perceived ignorance.

-W

Archived