OT: Is Atlanta nice to live in?

cov99

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Buford highway is where you go to get shot.....

Stay to the north of town. Buckhead isn't so safe at night anymore since MARTA goes there. I live in Alpharetta and would sleep with my doors unlocked .... but I won't just the same.;)

I lived off Peachtree Street and had some great times but you do have to know where to go and where not to.

Best lookin women 3 to 1 ratio:love:

• Members

haha, pretty ignorant if you ask me. atlanta is nothing like a rap video that you see on tv.

thats like saying i wont move too MA because of hardcore

It's still considered one of the cities for it's size with the highest rate of violent crime.

And the weather sucks. That should be all you need. :thu:

;)

• Members

Lived in the ATL area (north-side suburbs) since '92. Lot of growth, not always a good thing. Traffic SUCKS and only gets worse every year!! Probably the second worst commuting town behind LA from what I've read and experienced. Many good concert sites, 3 Gtr Cntrs, 1 Sam Ash (new), and some really good retail indie stores. Good-to-great universities, depending on what you're going to study (Georgia Tech, Emory, Mercer, Georgia State). Athens is a couple hours away (UGA) as is Auburn University. A very "tolerant" city regarding homosexuality, not suggesting that is an issue, but for your information. LARGE ethnic populations; Shane 159 said Buford Hwy was an area to be aware of; I would agree unless you are of an ethnic background including African-American, Chinese, Latin, Korean, Thai, Cambodian, Laotian, etc. If you want to live near a college or just like the nightlife, look at a loft downtown; "mid-town" has a reputation of liking Elton John a lot ;). If you're mobile and don't mind driving, look at East Cobb county or Alpharetta -- usually safe and conservative. If you can tolerate the traffic, heat, humidity, you'll be OK.:thu:

• Members

I like it, definitely my favorite big city and I've been to most... we spent a few months there while recording our album, we were in the Norcross area (north east ATL) which was like little Mexico. But there are plenty of places that are really cool...

And Atl rappers are some of THE nicest people I've ever met, our producer is Billy Hume and he handles a good bit of the major hip hop in the southeast (Ying Yang Twins, Lil John, Shop Boys, Bonecrusher, et al) and as we stayed in an apartment attached to the studio we ended up meeting all of these guys... They are all so proper, no alcohol more than a beer or two, and only the Ying Yang Twins smoked weed. The dudes don't even cuss really, the whole thug image is a fascade for most...

But back to Atl, I like it a lot.. and the girls are really hot ;)

• Members

Lived in the ATL area (north-side suburbs) since '92. Lot of growth, not always a good thing. Traffic SUCKS and only gets worse every year!! Probably the second worst commuting town behind LA from what I've read and experienced. Many good concert sites, 3 Gtr Cntrs, 1 Sam Ash (new), and some really good retail indie stores. Good-to-great universities, depending on what you're going to study (Georgia Tech, Emory, Mercer, Georgia State). Athens is a couple hours away (UGA) as is Auburn University. A very "tolerant" city regarding homosexuality, not suggesting that is an issue, but for your information. LARGE ethnic populations; Shane 159 said Buford Hwy was an area to be aware of; I would agree unless you are of an ethnic background including African-American, Chinese, Latin, Korean, Thai, Cambodian, Laotian, etc. If you want to live near a college or just like the nightlife, look at a loft downtown; "mid-town" has a reputation of liking Elton John a lot
;)
. If you're mobile and don't mind driving, look at East Cobb county or Alpharetta -- usually safe and conservative. If you can tolerate the traffic, heat, humidity, you'll be OK.
:thu:

So your from forsyth county? it was one of the fastest growing county's in the nation. thats where they filmed dukes of hazzard the tv series

• Members

there's a lot of cool {censored} to do in atlanta, and it's a decent size city if that's what you like

there are some parts of town you REALLY wanna stay away from tho, and the traffic is some of the absolute worst on earth!

i like being a few hours out of atlanta to visit, i could see moving there for a few years for school, i'd never wanna settle there permanently

Archived