Rivera video, dry, no FX

Noak

• Members

Sounds awesome.

I've been getting very interested in Rivera lately, and I've seen the older knuckleheads go for VERY reasonable prices.

My one question about your clip: Is that with the gain dimed? I've heard the older models can't do high gain, and your clip kinda supports that.

Well, it's on 8/10 with the on board boost engaged. However you would get a lot more gain with hotter pickups. A boost is also great, check out the other videos I've made if you

• Members

Ok, here's another clip, and the guy says the only pedal he is running is a delay, so I guess it shows that they do have a fair amount of gain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fNwzZex8Q

:thu:

I personally like the tone better on the older ones than the clips/videos I hear/see of newer models, but I'm sure they are great too, dialed in according to one's personal taste. However if you find an oldie for a good price, I say hit it!

• Members

i talked with paul rivera sr back 6 yrs ago when i had my ser. 1 knucklehead. he said that it was not meant to be a modern sounding head but more of a hot rodded marshall meets a fender deluxe. the amps are great, i had 2 k100s,1 k55,1 rake reverb,and 1 k100 reverb over the years. i must say the older stuff sounds way better.sorta like a creamy jcm 800 with more gain,and low end. by the way,paul is a great guy as his his son. its cool to just pick up the phone and talk to the guy who designed the amp.they both went out of their way to make me happy. i even sent my ser1 k100 to paul sr himself to mod the lead channel for even more gain.was like $150 with shipping back in 98.

• Members

Sounds awesome.

I've been getting very interested in Rivera lately, and I've seen the older knuckleheads go for VERY reasonable prices.

My one question about your clip: Is that with the gain dimed? I've heard the older models can't do high gain, and your clip kinda supports that.

To me, the Knucklehead has plenty of gain on tap, at least mine does. I have a Depth and Gain mod on mine so its pretty huge sounding. I do use a SD-1 from time to time to tighten things up just a hair, but on its own, its quite the beast. Plus the gourgeous clean channel is simply amazing to my ears.

I think the thing i love about my Rivera is the clarity that it has. It will show all your flaws and then some. its not buzzy or chainsaw like in anyway at all.And, you can't beat it for the asking price of $700 to $900.

Just my two cents.

Matt

• Members

I love me some reverb....like no other, but a dry track is very sobering. You're playing was still great, and your tone is truly amazing.
:thu:

Thanks a lot man! I gotta admit though that the tone of the amp shines through a lot more without all the FX, it's easier to say "That sound like a Rivera" now, good point.

• Members

I played a K-Tre over the weekend in a music store. I liked it, but I didn't think it was better then anything else in the price range. I think it has potential. I'd buy one just to spend more time with it using my cabs/gear if I could get a good price on a used one.

• Members

Excellent tone my friend!!!

So I was wondering (since you are in Sweden) if you have ever seen the band Plankton live?!? They're one of my favorite bands and I would kill to see them rip it up!

Nope, I haven't. I'd like to see them though, very cool music. They are from Stockholm, which is only about an hour with the fast train from where I live so I can probably get to see them sometime.

• Members

Nope, I haven't. I'd like to see them though, very cool music. They are from Stockholm, which is only about an hour with the fast train from where I live so I can probably get to see them sometime.

Do it! And considering your style, which is really similar to mine, Id think you'd have a blast.

Id like to visit Sweden one day. :)

Archived