So I though I was playing battle of the bands when...

logansc

• Members

Battle of the bands can be good if :

A: The prize is worth something to you and your band

B: The judging is done by competent impartial people with knowledge of what makes a good band and what is a good "show". (E: Not a "battle of the fans")

C: You don't expect it to get you lots of attention or label execs knocking at your door.

We won two of them, but they were the real deal, not who can bring more people with money thru the doors for the club owner. The judges were all music celebrities, producers & industry pros who didnt base thier decision on who brought the most high school buddies or was the "trendiest". We were the "oldest" band there both times. Still arent getting anywhere though, haha!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B: The judging is done by competent impartial people with knowledge of what makes a good band and what is a good "show". (E: Not a "battle of the fans")

C: You don't expect it to get you lots of attention or label execs knocking at your door.

We won two of them, but they were the real deal, not who can bring more people with money thru the doors for the club owner. The judges were all music celebrities, producers & industry pros who didnt base thier decision on who brought the most high school buddies or was the "trendiest". We were the "oldest" band there both times. Still arent getting anywhere though, haha!

I need to make it clear to you guys. HIGH SCHOOL battle of the bands.......

my city isn't even big enough to have the other kind.

• Members

Gotcha! My bad.

How is the judging going to be done? Fan votes or a panel of judges?

I'm not really sure, probably some teachers or staff of some sort. The people that run it give no information. Basically the people that win every year are the people that play the powerpop stuff that is popular that year, last year the winners played weezer and Green Day.

• Members

Ya, that should be the parameters for all of them. But it is seldom the case.

• Members

I can see where your coming from, but live experience is live experience, and im sure that it will "impress" the audience at your school, even though its {censored}, can't always play want you want to play.

I suppose. The other guitar and singer still want to do it, and I could drage the bass player in, but we still have no drummer.

Archived