New England Ampfest-- Dec 1!

JBecker

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Would it be cool if I posted this on another message board? I could very well recruit some more people that way.

I may go ahead and do that but I think at first let's keep it here for a bit because it's easier to coordinate with people who can quickly and easily communicate over here as well as get new information as it comes.

• Members

I PM'd a Gear Page mod to make sure I could post this over in their amp forum, but I haven't gotten a response yet. I have a feeling a bunch of guys over there will step up.

I just posted about the Austin fest, do they not allow these kinds of things?

Wish y'all were closer, we could merge the two events...

• Members

I just posted about the Austin fest, do they not allow these kinds of things?

Wish y'all were closer, we could merge the two events...

No kidding. It's not because of that-- they have "Tonefests" occasionally over there, but their rules are pretty strict about dumb things, I wanted to make sure that posting a link directly over here was ok, etc etc. It's a bit like soliciting, I guess, and I don't feel like being banned-- they have much cooler {censored} for sale on TGP than on HC.

• Members

I'm pretty sure I can make it. I can bring whatever anyone wants to hear from the equipment list link in my signature -all low-watt stuff -a few pedals -bass stuff.

I'll see if one of my friends will be around. He's into rockabilly and has some nice Gretschs and some funky amps.

• Members

I'm pretty sure I can make it. I can bring whatever anyone wants to hear from the equipment list link in my signature -all low-watt stuff -a few pedals -bass stuff.

I'll see if one of my friends will be around. He's into rockabilly and has some nice Gretschs and some funky amps.

Badass. I'd love to play some Gretschs, and I'm definitely interested in spending more time with Traynor stuff, the Barber Direct Drive, and the MI Audio Crunch Box, to put in my own bias...

• Members

Including 2 guys from TGP and MysticAxe, if everyone on the list shows, we'd be at 13 guys, Berklee Bill would make it 14. If we could just a get a few more I think we'd reach the point where we can talk about booking the space.

• Members

Hmm....the first? That's my sister's B-day. I wonder if I can weasel out of that. :p

If so, I could bring a Quickrod modded for 6550s (technically a ProMod) a Mesa/Boogie MarkIII, a Peavey XXX cab filled with Hellatone 30s and maybe my 5150 cab if I have the room. Oh, and a Les Paul Custom with Duncan Distortions.

• Members

Is there a tally on price, attendants, gear, refreshments and such?

We're sorta waiting to get enough people committed then ask.

Basically, it's 50 an hour for the large room, 35 an hour for the small rooms.

If we do 4 hours with the large room, that's 200 total. With 10+/- a few (which is what I expect if 15 are saying they could od it), that'd be 20 bucks without any refreshments etc. I'd like to get 20 guys, the big room and at least one small room (which would be another 140). That'd be 20 a person and leave only 60 bucks for refreshments, which I guess could cover some pizza or something like that.

I don't know, I may be crazy to want the second room, I'm not sure. I think it'd be nice to have a small space to rotate the amps into so that if you liked something a lot in the big room, you can spend some time with it in the small room with less noise pollution etc.

• Members

We're sorta waiting to get enough people committed then ask.

Basically, it's 50 an hour for the large room, 35 an hour for the small rooms.

If we do 4 hours with the large room, that's 200 total. With 10+/- a few (which is what I expect if 15 are saying they could od it), that'd be 20 bucks without any refreshments etc. I'd like to get 20 guys, the big room and at least one small room (which would be another 140). That'd be 20 a person and leave only 60 bucks for refreshments, which I guess could cover some pizza or something like that.

I don't know, I may be crazy to want the second room, I'm not sure. I think it'd be nice to have a small space to rotate the amps into so that if you liked something a lot in the big room, you can spend some time with it in the small room with less noise pollution etc.

i agree with a good portion of this. obviously, how many guys we get to show up dictates just how much we're able to expand. in a PERFECT world, i'd like to have the big room and two of the smaller ones, but i don't see that happening. i think one big group with the option of being able to take the amps into smaller rooms should somebody want a bit more time with something, or for lengthier demos is closer to ideal.

as for food, they have some vending machines there, but i know when we talked to the owner, he said he didn't mind people bringing some beer (keyword: some. he also said the last thing he wanted was for his place to be a party joint where music was a side-interest), and they have kids' parties, so i doubt there will be any objection at all to us having pizzas delivered or something like that.

• Members

If anyone is interested I can bring 3 amps and 2 guitars and a cab. An '07 Lonestar Classic with the 10/50/100 power, Stiletto Ace, and a Fender Supersonic. A Suhr Classic Strat HSH with coil tap and a 20th Anniv Heritage H-535. Along with a Mesa 2x12 Vert Slant cab.

Let me know,

FF

Archived