Loose tubes in a very expensive amp

BIGD

• Members

Ha ha!! Some of you guys really are {censored}ing assholes.

The reason why I didn't mention the amp manufacturer is because I didn't want it to be a bashing thread...the amp is beautiful in its tone and cosmetics, it just seems like a bad design for that one aspect of the amp, one that I haven't seen and one that would worry me if I had to gig with it regularly moving it in and out of vans and cars.

By the way, it's a mesa, and I used to post on effects and amps regularly years ago.

Some of your reputations as asshats are well deserved!!

Mesa? Once agian I ask, what is your point?

• Members

Now wait a minute. Its one thing to ask a question that is worth asking and then it is an entire other thing to ask a question that is not a question at all but a comment and a knock on a guitar amp company that is an issue that also happens to a TON of manufacturers.

This is a troll thread and it will never be anything other than that.

totally agree

• Members

Mesa? Once agian I ask, what is your point?

Why does an amp with beautiful tone, great cosmetics, and a solid, heavy as hell cabinet and chassis have tube clamps that allow tubes to fall out easily?

Is that a bash, {censored} face?

• Members

Oh well we all know Mesa has a horrible reputation for tubes falling out of amps all the time.

Ever stop to think perhaps those tube clamps in particular are faulty? Bent a bit too much, possibly even something you could fix by removing a tube and bending them back (as is the case with such retaining clamps)? Nah, let's be vague and rant about companies making "expensive amps with problems" instead of trying to get specific help for your friend.

• Members

He was asking for assistance, if you didn't want to provide it then maybe you shouldn't have responded. The rest of the forums think we're all idiots over here and these kind of responses to non-regulars don't help, at all, guys.

You mean he should just IGNORE the post and move on???

Sounds like a certain situation involving religious threads and spam threads.....eh Admiral hypocrite?

HMMMmmmmmmmmmm

• Members

Oh well we all know Mesa has a horrible reputation for tubes falling out of amps all the time.

I know I'm probably going to sound stupid here, but are you being sarcastic or is that true? I know I actually had a very hard time getting the power tubes out of my MKIV. That thing did not want to let go.

Archived