Pats haters...

Fxrs

• Members
Now this story is hilarious. The team that got busted videotaping other teams signals during games(which they did for quite awhile) and using the info real time to one up their opponents is now complaining about "pumped up noise" in a game they won. Wow. I guess the Pats are pissed they couldnt run up the score on Indy. Lame.

I just think its ironic that a proven cheater is calling someone else out for less than they pulled.

The Crowd noise was pumped up Give me a Fukkin break NE youre undefeated STFU allready.

LOL...."pissed the couldn;t run up the score".....NICE!

I'm, not a hater, but I hope one of these games when the Pats are up 42-10 with 1:39 to go in the 4th, Brady drops back for a 4th and goal TD conversion, some fat ass d-lineman falls on his kneee and breaks it in half.

Brady would surive, but it might teach them a lesson on saving your stars when the game is over, living to fight another day.

Nope...no hate whatsoever....:D

• Members

Didn't the NFL have a rule at one point that the home team could be penalized if the crowd was too loud? I thought they did that for a while because some places got so loud when visiting teams had the ball that they couldn't even hear their own QB. Haven't heard about it lately though.

• Members

Roger Goodell confirmed that he watched the tapes and that the Patriots were cheating.

actually, the league ruled that the no competitive advantage was gained through the videotaping (especially since the tapes were confiscated in the 1st quarter and the Patriots never saw them).

but i'm surprised that nobody's talking about the fact that the Colts have been accused of this more than once. they've, supposedly, done it during playoff games as well, and they've made no secret of the fact that they, at times, practice with artificial crowd noise to condition their players to that environment, so it's not like they can't do it.

as far as cheating is concerned, i doubt one NFL team is much better than the others. many teams condemned the Patriots videotaping signals... while they have guys in the stands with binoculars observing the signals (which is a long-running NFL practice) which is only very slightly different. if it comes down that the Colts piped in outside noise... more people will begin accepting the idea that the Patriots are the only team in the NFL that breaks the rules as bull{censored} (see: late 90's Broncos). i'd bet it's closer to the truth that all teams are engaged in something shady then the idea that it's only the Patriots.

• Members

I just think it's silly how the refs consistently call games in the Colts' favor, fair or not. Palomalu's interception that was over-ruled in the playoffs was one of the blatant abuses of the rules. The fact that Manning can run up to the line of scrimmage and half his line stands up (it's a false start) every play drives me nuts. The fact that you'd see the RE or LE being hauled to the ground from behind with no holding penalty drives me nuts. Moss' "Offensive Pass Interference" in the end zone was ridiculous.

That's why I hate the Colts. Almost as much as I hate the dirty g0dd4mn Raiders.

Even though I wanted to Colts to win I couldn't help but notice a few of those things, some of which I was surprised wasn't mentioned during the game though I know the Moss offensive pass interference call was brought up. There definitely seemed to be some homefield advantage stuff going on with some holds and that Moss call.

• Members
Oh, the 15-1 Vikes. Saddest day in Minnesota sports when Anderson missed that field goal. That was our once chance at a Super Bowl ring.
:cry:

At least you got AP right now breaking the single game rushing record in just his 8th pro game ever~! Being an OU fan, I've seen a lot of his college games. :D:cool:

• Members

So...it looks like maybe the Colts are about to get busted for pumping up the crowd noise thru the PA. NFL says it's illegal.

"...the NFL issued a statement saying what sounded like simulated crowd noise was actually created by the CBS production crew, not the Colts."

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3095903

• Members

Besides, your argument is flawed because they didn't do that at the SuperBowl they were in because they don't control the PA at the Superbowl because it's not played at their home stadium.

FAIL. His statement has nothing to do with the Colts pumping crowd noise into the SuperBowl game. He is stating that them making the SB is tainted in light of the fact that they could have pumped that same noise into the PA at the Championship game which they won, to make it to the SB.

All this seems to be moot though as CBS is saying that the fault is theirs and no noise was actually pumped into the game itself, only it's network feed.

Archived