We should all have neighbors like this

Slaytallica

• Members

Where does it say they advanced on his position? And it sounded like he said stop less than a second or so before shooting, pretty much not giving either of them a chance to stop.

Not trying to defend the perps, but if everyone can start shooting at people for theft like that, what happens when someone makes a mistake and shoots someone the person "thinks" is a robber but that may actually just be caretaking for neighbors while they're away? It seemed pretty obvious this time, I'd agree, but that may not always be the case.

In the transcript he said "They came at me, I had to do it" or something like that.

Also, they were shot facing him, on his property... which pretty much means they were headed in his direction, away from the window they came out of next door.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You pull a gun on someone, you better intend to use it. Good for someone actually doing something instead of watching like 99% of our overly liberal population would...

While that sounds like a good thing, how many teens have you known who've been okay people but done something stupid like steal stuff? Have you ever known people who've had kids that've done stupid things but then over time became pretty decent people? Do you think they should've been shot, too?

While people who steal other people's stuff deserve more stern punishment than is sometimes meted out, I don't think they all deserve death. And I'm no liberal even though I definitely regret having voted for Bush the first time around. :cry::D

• Members
In the transcript he said "They came at me, I had to do it" or something like that.

Also, they were shot facing him, on his property... which pretty much means they were headed in his direction, away from the window they came out of next door.

Hmm... if that's the case those guys were pretty freakin' stupid to come at someone with a shotgun. :freak:

• Members
While that sounds like a good thing, how many teens have you known who've been okay people but done something stupid like steal stuff? Have you ever known people who've had kids that've done stupid things but then over time became pretty decent people? Do you think they should've been shot, too?

While people who steal other people's stuff deserve more stern punishment than is sometimes meted out, I don't think they all deserve death. And I'm no liberal even though I definitely regret having voted for Bush the first time around.
:cry::D

They didn't deserve death because they stole something. They GOT death because they threatened a man with a gun.

I base that on the transcript and the details of the impact locations, etc. Forensics would have to prove for sure, of course, but it's pretty clear what happened.

• Members
Hmm... if that's the case those guys were pretty freakin' stupid to come at someone with a shotgun.
:freak:

Supposedly, one was armed with a crowbar, and they were both shot and impacted within 15 feet of the muzzle. 15 FEET. The blood apparently landed ON Mr. Horns property, which means they were not only on it, but the back-splatter would be several feet behind them which means they were at least several feet into his property line.

• Members

A shotgun is not lethal out at distances. Yeah, it'll take off skin and muscle from moderate distances, but deep penetration is pretty limited to about 20-25 feet, depending on the load and the length of the barrel (which controls the shot spread). These people had to be deadly close to be killed nearly instantly by a shotgun blast.

A dangerous criminal 15 feet away with a crowbar means you're only about 1.5 seconds to injury. That's how long it would take an average fleet footed male to cover the distance and smack the {censored} out of you with a crowbar.

• Members

You california people need to realize that people must defend themselves and those around them against criminals.

He was not in danger himself,

Awsome, you just completely destroyed your own argument above. I realize we need to protect ourselfs, but he wasn't in any danger until he put HIMSELF in danger.

but Horn didnt KNOW that there wasnt a dead person killed by these two in the house,

What difference does that make?

and they were going to get away.

They most like would not have gotten away. Police where arriving on the scene just as the shooting took place, they wouldn't have gotten far.

• Members

They deserve to die because they were charging him.
Sounds like they were testing him...coming at him thinking he would back down. Bad choice i guess. As many a times as {censored}ers like these or murderers or whoever have gotten off via their {censored}bag lawyers, I'd be more than happy to let this old fella slide.
Sometimes cowboy justice served up pipin' fresh on the spot just works better than calling 911 and being put on hold while {censored} is going down.

• Members

Interesting parallel to the story in Texas ... here in Canada, a guy was spotted by a neighbour trying to break a basement window with a shovel ... 9-1-1 was called, police arrived, tased the F*** out of the guy, crisis averted. Nobody had to die, and the person can be proud of themselves that they helped the community and doesn't have to live the rest of their life with the guilt that comes from killing two people.

Archived