Accidentaly showed a video with naked breasts to my class today...

willy22

• Members

Sorry for the length of this. :cop:

I'm a first year 7th grade English teacher. I also have a music club that meets once a month. I've structured the club to be more of a music appreciation thing instead of actually teaching them to play an instrument or read music because there are so many kids in it. I show them videos from my personal stash including: Iron Maiden, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Rush, G3, Eric Johnson, Queen, Kiss, and Led Zeppelin.

I came across a set of documentary videos entitled "The History of Rock n Roll" at my Board of Education's media center and thought they would be great to show to my music club. Last month we watched a video about early rock circa 1963-1966 that featured almost all the bands from the British Invasion. I really like the educational value of these videos and that they show the bands during live performances and include interviews with musicians from that era.

Well, today I was away observing another English teacher to help me learn how to teach writing a bit better and prepare my 7th graders for a writing assessment they'll take in February. I left that school around 12:00 and headed over to the media center to grab another video to show the music club today. This one was about the counter culture of the late 60's and the bands from that era. After that I headed back to my school to finish out the day. When I got there my principal told me I didn't have to stay because they'd already paid my sub for a whole day, so I left after 6th period. I gave the video to my sub and told her that all she had to do 7th period was let the music club watch it.

Well...I get a call around 2:30, while I'm at home cruising HCAF ;), asking me if the video was mine and if I had seen it before. She said that it showed a woman naked from the waist up for a few seconds and my sub was freaking out about it. I apologized and told her that it wasn't mine; that I'd gotten it from the media center at the Board of Education. She was pretty cool about it and said she'd give them a call, but she just wanted to know what to tell all the angry parents that would probably be calling her in the morning.

I'm not too worried about it. My pricipal wasn't angry, she just advised me to watch the videos before I showed them in class. I normally would watch them, but I just assumed that it was ok because of where it came from. The Queen video I have has Freddie Mercury walking out onstage during "I Want To Break Free" wearing a bra, wig, and makeup. I didn't even show that, but, then again, I knew it was there.

I big part of my philosophy this year has been to keep a low profile, keep my nose clean, and not rock the boat in any way. Guess that's out the window now. I'm not worried about losing my job or anything, I just feel bad that it happened. I know it's just a woman's breasts, but these are 6, 7, and 8th graders. If it had been seniors I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

Oh well...:o

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No offense dude, because that story is a great and I'm glad you shared, but spelling "accidentally" wrong in the thread title when you're an English teacher is pretty hilarious.

I didn't say I was a good English teacher. :wave:

There's an asshole in every thread. :p

• Members

I guess I understand why infants are not being breast fed anymore. It's probably the fear of what they can grow up to if you show and give them tits at such an early age. Such an irresponsible thing to do.

PS - Is your name Christopher Neil and is this school in Cambodia?

Archived