OT: Survivorman or Man VS. Wild?

MonikerLewinsky

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Not only is Les a real outdoorsmen, and generally a cool dude, he is also a better harmonica and guitar player than 99% of this board. Dude has an understanding of the blues that is very rare. He's an extremely talented guy.

I was hoping someone else thought this way :thu:

I got some Survivorman going on yesterday while drinking beer with my bro. Good times :cop:

• Members

Survivor Man is a much better show. Bear is a moron. When you're by yourself in the jungle, you should do everything you can to avoid danger. On one episode he decided it'd be a smart to climb up a huge waterfall because he said it'd be faster than going around. He should be showing people that it's worth the extra time to find a different way and to avoid climbing up waterfalls and whatnot, because your safety is your highest priority. If you break a leg, you're probably gunna die. He does stupid {censored} like this all the time on that show like climbing up a 100 foot tree to see if he can see a river. Les Stroud is a {censored}ing badass.

Also I don't understand how Bear gets some of the camera angles he gets. When he was climbing up the cliff and the tree, their getting closeups of his face and shots from the side and whatnot. I don't think the cameramen would climb up with him obviously...

• Members

This thread is full of suck other than a few select people :lol:

So guys here shoot glamour shots of $20,000 worth of amps in their bedrooms and the forum thinks he is so brutalzzz and cool but god forbid if Bear does a couple of backflips showing off while skydiving :cry::bor::freak:

Bitches here better start flaming the gear whatabe whores playing dressy bessy players here as well :cop:

• Members
This thread is full of suck other than a few select people
:lol:

So guys here shoot glamour shots of $20,000 worth of amps in their bedrooms and the forum thinks he is so brutalzzz and cool but god forbid if Bear does a couple of backflips showing off while skydiving
:cry::bor::freak:

Bitches here better start flaming the gear whatabe whores playing dressy bessy players here as well
:cop:

...did you read the thread (watch the videos)?

• Members
It's not all the show off stunts he does (which I don't mind). It's all the cheats and shortcuts he takes and the fact that he tries to pass himself off as some wilderness savvy bad ass.

Bear is an Alpha male, deal with it.

When you do Everest twice, once flying over it using a para-sail I will call you an outdoorsman badass :thu::thu:

• Members

Also I don't understand how Bear gets some of the camera angles he gets. When he was climbing up the cliff and the tree, their getting closeups of his face and shots from the side and whatnot. I don't think the cameramen would climb up with him obviously...

Sometimes Bear will shoot those himself with a small hand held. Kinda like Les does.

• Members

So guys here shoot glamour shots of $20,000 worth of amps in their bedrooms and the forum thinks he is so brutalzzz and cool but god forbid if Bear does a couple of backflips showing off while skydiving

Bitches here better start flaming the gear whatabe whores playing dressy bessy players here as well

Well there is a pretty big difference between their skills and their shows. Bears whole premise is too escape somewhere as quickly as possible and get back to civilization. Les is all about surviving in the wilderness for extended periods of times.

Bear is a moron. When you're by yourself in the jungle, you should do everything you can to avoid danger. On one episode he decided it'd be a smart to climb up a huge waterfall because he said it'd be faster than going around. He should be showing people that it's worth the extra time to find a different way and to avoid climbing up waterfalls and whatnot, because your safety is your highest priority. If you break a leg, you're probably gunna die. He does stupid {censored} like this all the time on that show like climbing up a 100 foot tree to see if he can see a river.

Which is what I dont like about Bear. Les teaches skills on how to survive off your surroundings. Not how to look cool while running through the greenbelt. I mastered that when I was 12. :cop:

• Members
Les is the man, bear is a freekin douche.

Fake as hell, Im a avid outdoorsman, and cant believe anyone would watch, or think that bear is the real deal.

He makes the worst decisions in the back country possible, and not to mention he is FAKE!

He just does things for the action or danger, all the while going AGAINST true survival technics, like drinking your own urine, like straining elephant dung ( in real life, without chemicals to stabilize your body, you would die, period )

Bear lovers might as well be watching "dancing with the stars"...

Here he is faking a whitewater dump while wearing a hidden life vest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYExF4RRqE&feature=related

Here he is in the BACK COUNTRY, far from help, crossing dangerous lava bridges...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is&feature=related

More bear bull{censored}...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhVo5kIjiMw&feature=related

And one last one of bear...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j_LkdCt2P8&feature=related

Les isnt a badass, but if you know anything about him, he is a outdoorsman, and a teacher of survival, not a show off, not a wanna be tough guy, just a guy, who if you stuck in the boonies with, will help you stay alive.

Staying alive has nothing to do with parachutes, martial arts, or urine drinking, but people with no knowlege must think it does...

+1,000,000
Les FTW!!!:thu:

• Members

I'm not a big fan of all the gear whoring here but I'm not gonna make myself a pariah by insulting everyone who likes spending money on their hobby. What Bear does might get some people killed because they saw him do it on TV. Granted they do have a disclaimer stating that some situations are set up for TV, but who really pays much attention to those. I'd say this is like the tortoise and the hare. Les=tortoise Bear=hare.

• Members

I'm not a big fan of all the gear whoring here but I'm not gonna make myself a pariah by insulting everyone who likes spending money on their hobby. What Bear does might get some people killed because they saw him do it on TV. Granted they do have a disclaimer stating that some situations are set up for TV, but who really pays much attention to those. I'd say this is like the tortoise and the hare. Les=tortoise Bear=hare.

I just cannot believe that someone would scale a 100' waterfall to get to the bottom of a hill because they saw a professional climber do it.

As someone said earlier, Bear is doing a speed escape type deal while Les is showing you how to hunker down and survive.

• Members

I just cannot believe that someone would scale a 100' waterfall to get to the bottom of a hill because they saw a professional climber do it.

I wasn't talking specifically about that. What about where he decided to float down that river with the rapids. Some dumbass is gonna try that and kill themselves.

As someone said earlier, Bear is doing a speed escape type deal while Les is showing you how to hunker down and survive.

This is why I made the tortoise and hare comparison. Bear is more brash and you probably shouldn't take most of his show for anything more than entertainment. While Les is more calculating and shows you a few useful things each episode. Apples and oranges, but give me Les anyday.

Archived