Overdriven- Calling you out (Mark content)

JnBroadbent

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Cranked, boosted, high output p/u's is high gain enough for modern metal.

:wave:

Yeah, but that's not the point. We're talking about how much gain the amp has. Guess how much gain a Mark III has when it's cranked, and boosted with high output pickups? WAY TOO {censored}ING MUCH. A.k.a., more than an 800.

• Members
Ok let me get the list started. I'll add as I have time:

Mark Series Artists:

Alessandro Benvenuti - Alessandro Benvenuti

Myles Kennedy - Alter Bridge

Jack O'Shea - Bayside

Bruce Springsteen - Bruce Springsteen

Charlie Daniels - Charlie Daniels Band

Pete Loeffler - Chevelle

David Crosby - David Crosby

John Petrucci - Dream Theater

Antonio Fortin - Jem

Andy York - John Mellancamp

Terry Wollman - Keb'Mo'

Keb'Mo' - Keb'Mo'

Mark Morton - Lamb of God

Willie Adler - Lamb of God

Bobby Vogel - Loretta Lynn Band

Carl Johan Grimmark - Narnia

Brad Gillis - Nightranger

Jon Auer - Posies, The

Carlos Santana - Santana

Alexis Pareja - The Number Twelve Looks Like You

Steve Austin - Today is the Day

Kyp Malone - TV on the Radio

Walter Trout - Walter Trout Band, The

James Hetfield - Metallica

Kirk Hammett - Metallica

Dexter Holland - The Offspring

Noodles - The Offspring

John Scofield

:o

• Members

This argument seems ridiculous. Many bands use Mark series amps, many bands will continue to. They're solid amps, solid choices, but may not be good for everyone. Just because JN has his panties in a twist because he hasn't played one (and seems to think that no good clips exist... someone recently played a Porcupine Clip with I believe a Mark IV that was absurdly good), doesn't mean the forum should bend over to defend an amp who's series has been consistently available for purchase and on stage since 1980.

• Members

This argument seems ridiculous. Many bands use Mark series amps, many bands will continue to. They're solid amps, solid choices, but may not be good for everyone. Just because JN has his panties in a twist because he hasn't played one (and seems to think that no good clips exist... someone recently played a Porcupine Clip with I believe a Mark IV that was absurdly good), doesn't mean the forum should bend over to defend an amp who's series has been consistently available for purchase and on stage since 1980.

It's not about that douche bag, it's about an over sensitive Mark IV owner who still has not listed HUNDREDS of bands that use them and if you can't, you listen to Good Charlotte. There is no argument here.

So if you don't mind, get out of my thread.

k

• Members

It's not about that douche bag, it's about an over sensitive Mark IV owner who still has not listed HUNDREDS of bands that use them and if you can't, you listen to Good Charlotte. There is no argument here.

So if you don't mind, get out of my thread.

k

There are thousands of Mark series amps out there. Assuming that only 1/10 of guitar players have ever been in a band, there are HUNDREDS of bands who are using or who have used Mark series amps.

This thread is just about you being an internet dick to someone else being an internet dick. Only, Overdriven is right-- far from just cover bands use Mark IVs and I honestly don't even know where that stereotype came from. He used hyperbole just like you did when you said, "yeah, no one original ever used Mark IVs" (paraphrased).

So get over it and move on. Jesus Christ.

• Members

There are thousands of Mark series amps out there. Assuming that only 1/10 of guitar players have ever been in a band, there are HUNDREDS of bands who are using or who have used Mark series amps.

This thread is just about you being an internet dick to someone else being an internet dick. Only, Overdriven is right-- far from just cover bands use Mark IVs and I honestly don't even know where that stereotype came from. He used hyperbole just like you did when you said, "yeah, no one original ever used Mark IVs" (paraphrased).

So get over it and move on. Jesus Christ.

"good afternoon sir, how would you like your pwnage today?"

"oh well done please"

• Members

I still haven't heard live or via clips how great this amp is.

Have you heard Gibson5413's clips? They sound incredible! Listen to this one for example:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/13-If%20I%20Could%20Fly%20%28test%201%29.mp3

You can see the rest here:

http://www.netmusicians.org/?value=gibson5413&section=user

Check out all 3 pages. And here is one other clip of mine doing some Killswitch:

http://damnthemanblog.com/joe/EndOfHearacheMarkIV.mp3

If you listen to those and don't dig em, then I guess the Mark IV just isn't your kind of amp. Let me know what you think of the clips though.

Archived