Way OT: If being gay is a choice, why do people choose to be gay?

gibbed

• Members

Whenever the issue of sexuality comes up, there is always someone who claims it is ultimately a choice and not determined by biology and/or environment.

If that is the case, why would someone choose to be gay? In most of the US, gays are still viewed withi suspicion, and many mainstream religious groups still preach that homosexuality is a sin.

Discuss.

edit - I decided to make this thread after watching this short documentary on "gay conversion":

http://video.google.com/url?docid=5444846616154452228&esrc=sr2&ev=v&len=1289&q=gay%2Bconversion%2Bsite%3Avideo.google.com&srcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D5444846616154452228&vidurl=%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D5444846616154452228%26q%3Dgay%2Bconversion%2Bsite%253Avideo.google.com%26total%3D15%26start%3D0%26num%3D10%26so%3D0%26type%3Dsearch%26plindex%3D1&usg=AL29H21yqkUUYSIBiz8Yge-kiWLGqzrDgg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, there are a lot of "scene" people that choose to be gay so they can stand out and say "hey, I'm gay, I'm different, here's another thing I can showboat about"

and some people choose to be gay because they're not satisfied with the opposite sex, the opposite sex is unappealing to them for whatever reasons.

whatever, those are just possible reasons..

but yeah.. i personally think it's not a choice, it's just what feels natural.

• Members

and some people choose to be gay because they're not satisfied with the opposite sex, the opposite sex is unappealing to them for whatever reasons.

I think the "whatever reasons" these people aren't attracted to the opposite sex is because they're gay...

You don't just say, "Damn this girl isn't giving the best head... Hey bro, want to try?"

• Members

Well, there are a lot of "scene" people that choose to be gay so they can stand out and say "hey, I'm gay, I'm different, here's another thing I can showboat about"

people really do this? do you have any examples?

if the opposite sex isn't appealling to you but the same sex is, aren't you already gay?

• Members

people really do this? do you have any examples?

if the opposite sex isn't appealling to you but the same sex is, aren't you already gay?

Examples of people being gay-look at Fall Out Boy. end of story.

and for the second thing, yes, I suppose you would already be gay :)

whatever, I'm not gay, nor have I ever thought of being gay, so I have no real views on this topic, my first post was more or less random :)

• Members

same reason some people dont like the taste of broccoli. its just how they react to it. its our natural instinct to procreate just as its our natural instinct to get vitamins and minerals and calories. some people choose to ignore their instincts or even have different instincts in order to do what they enjoy

its really not a choice. i know im not gay, even if i wanted to. god knows itd be easier, especially living in seattle and going to a liberal university next year. i could be gay all i wanted. but guys dont do it for me. bitches make me all hot and bothered. chemical reactions trump social pressures

• Members

OT, on this OT!

Why do I always think that the gay girl thing is really ok, and fun (yet, additional competition), but gay guy thing is like :freak:

But, i guess whatever rocks someone's boat, blah blah blah, and i've read somewhere that basicaly at the very root of things everyone is bisexual :idk:

• Members

Being gay automatically gives you great fashion sense, makes you hip, ensures that you know the best parties and get the best deals on boutique clothes. It also makes you instantly know where all the gay guys hang out and makes you a great dancer.

Also, gay guys automatically have sex with eachother, they never say no.

• Members

Being gay automatically gives you great fashion sense, makes you hip, ensures that you know the best parties and get the best deals on boutique clothes. It also makes you instantly know where all the gay guys hang out and makes you a great dancer.

I loughed, thank you :wave:

• Members

Of course! :idea:

Who would turn that down just because of the occasional beating and hate rally? :confused:

• Members

people CHOOSE to rob banks dont they? even though its illegal

people CHOOSE to molest children dont they? even though it is again illegal, and look down upon even more so than being gay.

of course people choose to be gay.

you registered to make that post? wow :poke:

Archived