Peavey Classic 30 VS Vox AC30

dave_incubus

• Members

What is the stock speaker used for peavey classic 30's anyway? Why do some people say it's bad?

The Blue Marvels aren't bad. They're very transparent and won't color your sound as much as a speaker swap might. Some guys just like a different color or don't like the way their preferred guitar sounds with the stock 30. I use an SG with my 30 and I couldn't be happier. That guitar works very well with a stock 30.

• Members

The person who compared his ac against a classic 50 and classic 100 shouldn't come into play, the c30 has more of a voxy thing going than the c-50, and c100, they're voiced differently.

that would be me. I disagree, however. I've played a c30, and it sound way closer to the other classics than it did to my Vox. Voxey wouldn't be a word I would use to describe the c30 at all, other than the sweet upper mids they both shared.

edit: i'm a fan of both amplifiers, just feel they're on two totally different levels. AS THEY ARE.

• Members

I guess that's if he can. IDK about whats stores might offer down their. My local shop only offers Crate's V combos, two AC30's and a DSL Halfstack as their high-end amps. If you wanted anything else you gotta take a drive of at least an hour
:freak:

Lol, I walked into a store in Tucson when I was there visiting relatives and theird most expensive amp was an Marshall MG30.:freak::freak::freak:

• Members

Out of the box with no pedals the Classic 30 will be more versatile. However with some pedals than the AC30CC has surprising versatility, especially if you use the Normal and Top Boost Channels.

I disagree. I think AC30s are about as versatile it gets with no pedals. They're just not going to do it all at low volumes.

Archived