New "br00talz" bands can't hang with this

worldoftone

• Members

Damn straight. Motorhead was straight up brutal before all this "br00talz" stuff came about.

- WOT

Amen to that. I saw them at the palace theater in LA several years back and it was one of the most bludgeoning things I've ever heard ... like being run over by a truck for two hours, in a good way.

I think a lot of younger metalheads don't get Motorhead because, under all the volume and attitude, Motorhead is very much a Rock N' Roll band, in the old school sense. Hell, Lemmy once said his favorite songwriter was Buddy Holly.

• Members
Motorhead {censored}in' rock...thats all you can say. some may not get it...but thats ok. more for the rest of us
:thu:

as for being too young...im 27 and i love Motorhead.

btw...who would win in a fight between Lemmy and God?
:lol:

Lemmy, I've actually seen him so I know he exists. I'm not so sure about this God person.:p

And yeah, there are definitely plenty of younger Motorhead fans, you're the folks with good taste. :thu:

• Members

See that's the problem with teh kiddies these days. They mistake layered and processed for teh br00tz, but raw and raunchy is where itz at.

No...the brootalz comes from one thing IMO...the rhythm. That drum playing is pretty weak by today's standards. I could put the most brootal death metal riff over that and it would sound weak.

• Members

Motorhead {censored}in' rock...thats all you can say. some may not get it...but thats ok. more for the rest of us

Hell yeah. Lemmy has lived the life, never taken any {censored} from anyone, plays what the hell he wants to play, is in his 60's {censored}ing 20-somethings, and still has a pretty large following. He also was Jimi Hendrix's guitar tech for a short time. Partying with Hendrix does not suck.

I've got some stories about Jimi AND even MORE about Lemmy from a British detective who used to patrol that beat in the area where Jimi and Lemmy used to hang. BTW, the ex-detective is married to a friend of mine. Funny {censored} for sure.

- WOT

• Members

I've got some stories about Jimi AND even MORE about Lemmy from a British detective who used to patrol that beat in the area where Jimi and Lemmy used to hang. BTW, the ex-detective is married to a friend of mine. Funny {censored} for sure.

- WOT

Any Lemmy stories you can share?

Archived