Put a Duncan Custom Custom in my PRS Satin SCT, w/pics.

flaming turd

• Members

Hated the stock #6. Put this is the other day, and played it through my SLO, and it's freaking sweet. This pickup sounds damn good. Plenty of low end without mud, really helps balance out the trem, which I think makes a guitar a little brighter. This is my only trem, so maybe it's just this guitar. Either way, it screams all around. Love it. (The pics are really just to show off the guitar, it looks the same as stock)

noname3.jpg

noname2.jpg

noname1.jpg

noname-1.jpg

• Members

Nah.

:cry:
I don't really have a way to record, and I suck at it.

EDIT: but we go to a really nice studio next month, and this will be on the recording.

Damn. The next guitar I was looking at had a custom custom in it. Hmm..I guess I have to go to the store now and actually deal with the asshole owners.b:mad:

• Members

I just found the sweetest {censored}in pickup Ive ever heard for hard rock/metal. You'd never guess what it is. Most people havent even heard of the Company

Atlas Power Plus. They've been hand winding the pickups for 40 years and It blows everything I've ever had away.I'm replacing the Dragon 2 in my PRS with one of these... its really that good.

• Members

I also put a Custom Custom in my PRS SE (Santana). I installed it with a mini toggle for 3-way switching - series/parallel/single. Great sounding pickup, especially for high gain leads. I have a Sustainaic in the neck and the combo is awesome.

• Members
Nice. Interesting that you find the bass response strong, since the custom custom is pretty lacking in bass according SD. Nice guitar. If it were mine I'd finish it off with some nickel covers.

According to the chart, it is very weak in the bass frequencies. However, on the Custom Custom page, it says it is good for "bright guitars", which means to me that it will mellow them out. Either way, it's just what this bright guitar needed. :thu:

Archived