Framus Cobra for detuned metal? Meshuggah?

warped79

• Members

Hey - would a Framus Cobra suit this type of music? I've heard a few bad sounding de-tuned clips but put those down to user/recording equipment - has anyone used one to get a similar sound to meshuggah? I don't have access to play one to try out first? None of the clips I hear seem to have that smooth deep sound..

• Members

where there is a will there is a way. eq pedals, correct settings, good cab, good guitar + pickups will all help. in saying that theres easier ways to get the meshuggah sound. think a small red box that is also kidney shaped.

• Members

i love down tuned riffs. However, IMO, the more bass frequencies are involved, the less articulate the overall sound becomes. At some point, you don't need to spend a ton of money on high end gear when a Marshall 8100 or a POD would do the same thing with what you're giving it to work with.

:ducks:

I can't believe I just said that.

• Members

I prefer their new tones over the older stuff. Tone like that on DEI is very... dated i guess you could say. It sounds very "early 90's" with that added meshuggah influence. Nothing sounded ok, I and C33 were brutal but processed, Renothing sounds really organic. At first i didnt like renothing but i grew to love it.

• Members

They use vettas now, they used pods before that. Their sound is fine, dont be a tube nazi.

For real. Pods are capable of putting out properly amazing sounds. I've seen threads here where someone posts a clip saying "hey guys check out my Uberschall" or something and everyone goes gaga over it and they come back to say "ha ha suckers it was recorded with a Pod". If you get the idea that Pods/solid state/digital sucks out of your head, it's a pretty fun world to play with.

• Members

Hey - would a Framus Cobra suit this type of music? None of the clips I hear seem to have that smooth deep sound..

Yes it would. But if you're looking for a smooth sounding amp, Cobra is not the one. It's more raw and aggressive sounding than any amp I've heard.

Archived