2008 Ibanez models... ZOMG!!!1!!1!1

JoshuaLogan

• Members

+1

Oh, and I don't like shredding.

I hate pretty much every super strat and especially dislike Ibanez.

I was hoping for some non-shred models to show up in this thread
:(

The Artcore stuff would be so much better without the cheap as {censored} finish gooping up the neck.

I like you, man, and you know you and I actually like a lot of the same bands, but you know having that attitude is just being snobby. It's just like high school. There's way too many fads and trends in various genres and scenes of music. You could see the most badass indie or post-rock band, with a really innovative guitarist playing really well and sounding awesome, and if he was playing something like an Ibanez, you'd probably still talk {censored} about it. And even if you didn't, someone else in the crowd for sure would. I just think it's kinda pathetic and sad that the fads and trends become that important to you guys. You need a certain looking guitar for a certain kind of music, you have to look indie and vintage, and blah blah blah. It's honestly really {censored}ing stupid.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like you, man, and you know you and I actually like a lot of the same bands, but you know having that attitude is just being snobby. It's just like high school. There's way too many fads and trends in various genres and scenes of music. You could see the most badass indie or post-rock band, with a really innovative guitarist playing really well and sounding awesome, and if he was playing something like an Ibanez, you'd probably still talk {censored} about it. And even if you didn't, someone else in the crowd for sure would. I just think it's kinda pathetic and sad that the fads and trends become that important to you guys. You need a certain looking guitar for a certain kind of music, you have to look indie and vintage, and blah blah blah. It's honestly really {censored}ing stupid.

Well you know that I'm not saying that kind of {censored}. For me, if the guitar works for someone else, that's great. I have a weird hand so for me, the flat thing only works if the neck isn't wide as well-- I have a huge palm compared to relatively small fingers and so for me a rounder neck that's not as wide works far better for my hand. I've also never really digged the tone I got out of an Ibanez super strat, but I think that's mostly because I don't like the pickups they tend to use.

That being said, they do make some non-pointies and I was hoping to see something new like that that I'd dig.

I'm not sure I've ever even used my guitar above the 19th fret, and I'm rarely even up there. I'm all slow-hand, locked into the major and minor scales (and pentatonic, obviously)...

I don't care much about what other people play though. I may say-- eww, his guitar looks like shizzzzzzzzz and I'm sure it plays like shizzzzzzz in my hands, but I care about the music.

• Members

That's all fine and well, but can you change your {censored}ing avatar? It's giving me the creeps...

• Members

Oh, and you know I like you Josh. You just get like I do about science/politics/religion with gear occasionally. It's cool.

You still point me to bad ass music I haven't heard before because my friends all have {censored} taste and I'm not in a band which limits my exposure.

• Members

It's the ZR trem without fine tuners, and no locking nut. I'm not sure if it's fully floating or not. I think it might be more of a vintage style trem.. like on a strat, but I'm not totally sure.

I'm sure it's fully floating. So are the vintage strat bridges, for that matter, it's just a lot of people choose to set them flat against the body.

• Members

I'm sure it's fully floating. So are the vintage strat bridges, for that matter, it's just a lot of people choose to set them flat against the body.

Oh, well then it's probably very much like the bridge on my ernie ball music man jp6... it's fully floating, but doesn't have locking nut, so it doesn't need fine tuners. It has locking tuners. I imagine the SV guitars are probably the same and have locking tuners. The brown S5470TKS pictured on the first page is the one I think I want anyways.... It's very much like the old S1625, but with 24 frets, added single coil, and new ZR2 trem. Mmmm.

Archived