Is Peavey discontinuing the JSX Satriani Amp?

Bubba5151

• Members

They'll just rename it, and then raise the price, like always. The XXX was George Lynch's signature lamp, if I remember correctly. They didn't even bother renaming it, but they sure jacked the price once they didn't have to pay him any royalties anymore.
:freak:

That don't make no sense. Paying no royalties would mean less cost to the company. If they didn't have to do that any more, why would they raise the cost?

After all I thought the whole point of putting an artist's name on something was so that they could charge more for it (LOOK! Kurt Cobain used this paper towel!! I'll give it to you for only $3000!!)

• Members

That don't make no sense. Paying no royalties would mean
less
cost to the company. If they didn't have to do that any more, why would they
raise
the cost?

After all I thought the whole point of putting an artist's name on something was so that they could charge more for it (LOOK! Kurt Cobain used this paper towel!! I'll give it to you for only $3000!!)

Not with Peavey. The 6505 immediately had an increased price over the 5150 after it was released, and has only continually gone up since, despite them allegedly paying Eddie $100 for each one, and the XXX was like $900 when it was actually still George Lynch's signature amp. Now it's about $1,200. :freak:

• Members

Not with Peavey. The 6505 immediately had an increased price over the 5150 after it was released, and has only continually gone up since, despite them allegedly paying Eddie $100 for each one, and the XXX was like $900 when it was actually still George Lynch's signature amp. Now it's about $1,200.

well the cost of most things has increased over that time period, i'm not sure this has anything to do with endorsers

• Members

Not with Peavey. The 6505 immediately had an increased price over the 5150 after it was released, and has only continually gone up since, despite them allegedly paying Eddie $100 for each one, and the XXX was like $900 when it was actually still George Lynch's signature amp. Now it's about $1,200.

I don't think the XXX was ever released as George Lynch's signature amp, only designed that way, but production models never had his name on them.

• Members

True, but I don't think it had to do with the endorsers. All Peaveys went up within the last 2 years or so. I was taking a dump and reading an older Musiciansfriend catalog and the 6505 used to be like $949, XXX $999, and the JSX $1199. Now they are about $1159, $1249, and $1349 respectively. A little off topic, but even the SM57 about 3 years ago was $79 new and now it's like $99 new. If you look at all companies, within the past 3-5 years all prices have been jacked up.

• Members

No...they are $1349.99

hahaha

• Members

Paul Gilbert and now Satch?

Hmm, they are touring together at the moment, he must've been playing around with Paul's amps

I think it was Paul was playing around with Satch's amps. I read somewhere that Paul said the Vintage Modern made him think a lot more about his tone.

Archived