The new Mark Cameron amp sounds amazing...

blargh

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Two have been shipped so far?? good lord, any local yokel home amp builder can put an amp together in a weekend. This has been going on for a LONG time now.

Yeah but its not as simple as building just an amp. Mark's had a hell of a lot of hold backs with the suppliers and various other problems, which means the amps couldnt be finished. First the Circuitboards weren't correct, then i believe they were waiting on several parts including the cabinets and headshells too. If you've been reading or atleast following any of this stuff at Cameron's board at Rig-talk, you'd have known this already.

As far as any old amp builder being able to put together an amp in a weekend... well.. good luck to them if they can come up with a product anywhere near close to being as good as Mark's amps. The build quality is up there with the best of them, and most importantly the tone ASWELL as feel is there. Its not just a Marshall circuit modded for more gain... Mark's been doing this and designing mods/circuits for the last 17years. When you play his amps.. it shows. Trust me.

• Members

LOL... famous last words. last words. last words. last words. last words. last words. last words. last words. last words.

I agree, and I have seriously gotten on his case before, but now I put this at the feet of Chris. If Mark got hit by a beer truck tomorrow, the only that should change in the company is there would be no new designs... otherwise, his manager would get his ass canned at most companies. Any issues of Mark's during the last several months mean zippo when it comes to running a business. You hire engineers to design, to be weird, to be disfunctional and brilliant. You take their ideas and give them to reliable monkeys or machines to execute. Then you hire a guy with people skills to sell and advertise.

Mark's logical responsibilities:

Circuit == sounds great, prototype worked. Mission accomplished.

Chris' logical responsibilities:

Everything else == complete cluster{censored}

Advertising == Is that a Website?

Communication == Check the forum and see.

Product == What Product? Dumble ships more amps! Christ, even Mark alone shipped more amps!!!

Support == On What product? What happens when that beer truck hits Mark?

OK Dark Angel you don't know me I don't know you.....RIGHT.....have you been a customer?......stop thinking you have any idea of my life or whats happened in it. I could care less what you think I should be doing.

dropthisd's amp.....I called him when HE said the amp was crap I did not call from anything you did. It was what HE described in HIS review of the amp

John's amp .......Do you know what happened in my life during all of that(hell do you know whats on now making this very hard to get this off the ground)......I understand your thoughts on it.... but you just made things worse at that time(you may not get this).....and you where far from involved and don't know or don't have an understanding of what you think you know.

Most people who know me (for real not people sitting behind a computer screen judging me) ....I hope ....like me and know that I will do anything I can for them. If you think that I'm full of crap then just hang out...and see this grow. I hope you would like this amp and hopefully you may see my side of things

I tried this before but you said you had no point to call me.... just get on here and post crap thinking you know everything......For me... I think its best to find out both sides of a story before I post something/anything about someone So.....if you or anyone would like call me about this bulls**t I'm at 818-445-2059

Guys please don't turn this into a Splawn/Cameron crap throwing thread. Its just getting old to me ......I'm sure for Scott too.

The amps will start moving next week. I've allot of problems with some of the "former" manufactures that are now fixed and have the right parts and the right manufactures and the parts the way I want them.

• Members

LOL...phil, phil, phil, phil...

anyone who's been on this site for a respectable amount of time knows that you're mentally imbalanced....my chiming in here is just to point out to the people who don't know you that well what kind of crazed lunatic you are...

we know why you sold all your splawn stuff dude =) people bagged on your clips, nobody came to your defense and you started to cry...'wahhhh..they didn't like my clips..nobody's stickin' up for me..wahhh..I'm selling all my splawn stuff'..wahhhhhh...

call my stuff rehashed all you want dude....your opinion means nothing to me....I just find it funny how you're saying windsen's clips aren't 'versatile' enough when you keep churning out {censored}ty drop D riffs...

in any event..you have your version, I have the truth...I'm sure it stings, but you'll get over it

LOL the Pretender has spoken. You were on vacation Mattie wtf do you know?

Mattie aren't you the psycho crack head, wack job who ran here on HC saying you were the official Splawn endorsee. LOL you lame ass internet pretender! And funny how Scott bagged you early on for playing a pretender :poke:. Ever since then you've had this vendetta towards me because you blamed me for that crazy {censored}. I know the truth Mattie :eek:. In reality Scott grabbed you by the nutsack and told you to behave. :cop:

Back when I dumped both Splawns for the 5153 I truly enjoyed all the PMs and emails. Its a fact Matt other Splawn Boards members hate you b/c you're still continuing the tradition of dirt which continues the low level of existence you've always pride yourself on. Looks like you're keepin things going in the direction of pure dirt. :thu:

Matt outside of that is there a reason you really need to be in this thread? Go back to the Splawn patch ya retard, :rolleyes:

• Members

Yeah but its not as simple as building just an amp. Mark's had a hell of a lot of hold backs with the suppliers and various other problems, which means the amps couldnt be finished. First the Circuitboards weren't correct, then i believe they were waiting on several parts including the cabinets and headshells too. If you've been reading or atleast following any of this stuff at Cameron's board at Rig-talk, you'd have known this already.

As far as any old amp builder being able to put together an amp in a weekend... well.. good luck to them if they can come up with a product anywhere near close to being as good as Mark's amps. The build quality is up there with the best of them, and most importantly the tone ASWELL as feel is there. Its not just a Marshall circuit modded for more gain... Mark's been doing this and designing mods/circuits for the last 17years. When you play his amps.. it shows. Trust me.

Well, I have heard about some of the problems, but hadnt known as to the extent of them, and if they were still an issue this far out. I was certainly not bagging on Mark or his amp as far as quality or tone goes. My apologies if he or anyone else thought thats what I meant.

• Members

well, you have to admit that dropthis is being rather "dickish" about the whole thing dont you??? I mean, its one thing to not care for the amp, but the ridiculous mudslinging at everything associated with the amp and anyone who uses it is kind of childish wouldnt you agree?

I'm sorry you are? What another Splawn owner with zero reading comprehension. Deal with it fan boi the Nitro is a one trick pony. Not sure what information you have to contribute about Cameron's new 2008 amp line. Since you have none get the {censored} out the thread.

• Members

I'm sorry you are? What another Splawn owner with zero reading comprehension. Deal with it fan boi the Nitro is a one trick pony. Not sure what information you have to contribute about Cameron's new 2008 amp line. Since you have none get the {censored} out the thread.

Oh, excuse me, didnt realize this was a thread for you only. Doesn't take a whole lot of reading comprehension to see that your a dick though. I'm not anybody's fanboi, I've got a Splawn Quick Rod, a Bray modified Plexi, and a Laney. No skin off my back.

• Members
Well, I have heard about some of the problems, but hadnt known as to the extent of them, and if they were still an issue this far out. I was certainly not bagging on Mark or his amp as far as quality or tone goes. My apologies if he or anyone else thought thats what I meant.

No worries man, i was just statin the facts. :thu:

• Members
LOL the Pretender has spoken. You were on vacation Mattie wtf do you know?

Mattie aren't you the psycho crack head, wack job who ran here on HC saying you were the
official Splawn endorsee
. LOL you lame ass internet pretender! And funny how Scott bagged you early on for playing a pretender :poke:. Ever since then you've had this vendetta towards me because you blamed me for that crazy {censored}. I know the truth Mattie
:eek:
. In reality Scott grabbed you by the nutsack and told you to behave.
:cop:

Back when I got dumped Splawn for the 5153 I truly enjoyed all the PMs and emails. Its a fact Matt other Splawn Boards members hate you b/c you're still continuing the tradition of dirt which continues the low level of existence you've always pride yourself on. Looks like you're keepin things going in the direction of pure dirt.
:thu:

Matt outside of that is some reason you really need to be in this thread? Go back to your Splawn patch ya retard,
:rolleyes:

wow dude...are the mortgage rates high in fantasy land? LOL..please..I'm just dying to know =)

yes, I was on vacation that week....you have a great memory for the little details, don't you, Rainman? But what does that have to do with it? I still know ALLLL about what happened, my chemically imbalanced friend...

me? a vendetta? dude, if you saying that I'm the one with the vendetta ain't the pot callin' the kettle black then I don't know what is...

phil, for the record, notice I'm not even bringing amps into this...you're the one talking about the amps..not me..I'm just bringing to light your totally psychotic outlook on the world...

am I doing name calling? no....you're the one foaming at the mouth calling me 'an inbred retard'...

hell, I'm PROUD of the fact that you don't like me! If I found myself the least bit appealing to a knuckle dragger like yourself then I'd seriously have to reevaluate what I was doing wrong in this life...

as I said..you have your version, I have the truth...go boost some more amps with that jackhammer and churn out some lame ass drop D stuff will ya? and go take your meds..you know what happens when you miss a dose...you start {censored}ting yourself..

• Members

Guys please don't turn this into a Splawn/Cameron crap throwing thread. Its just getting old to me ......I'm sure for Scott too.

Good to see you Mark, that amp sounds really great!

Jeezus H..... Read up a little guys. This doesnt help Mark or Splawn's biz, & you wont change each others minds; so why not STFU, have a beer, & just enjoy life a bit. :poke: :wave:;)

• Members

Oh, excuse me, didnt realize this was a thread for you only. Doesn't take a whole lot of reading comprehension to see that your a dick though. I'm not anybody's fanboi, I've got a Splawn Quick Rod, a Bray modified Plexi, and a Laney. No skin off my back.

don't take it personally dude....they didn't serve tapioca at the home for the criminally insane, so phil's a little upset..

• Members
Jeezus H..... Read up a little guys. This doesnt help Mark or Splawn's biz, & you wont change each others minds; so why not STFU, have a beer, & just enjoy life a bit. :poke:
:wave:;)

+1.

seriously guys, I havnt any reason to dislike any of you and I think your both cool helpful guys, but this is just getting ridiculous. No-one knows, or cares for that matter, what your personal vendetta is towards each other, so give it a rest.

If you havnt got anything nice to say to each other just dont say anything at all.

• Members
Good to see you Mark, that amp sounds really great!

Jeezus H..... Read up a little guys. This doesnt help Mark or Splawn's biz, & you wont change each others minds; so why not STFU, have a beer, & just enjoy life a bit. :poke:
:wave:;)

I'm not arguing about the amps..just pointing out phil's lunacy is all =)

• Members
If you want to spend your hard earned $2k on the amp then go ahead. Its a {censored}ing joke. Did you see that Uberschall panel Scott ripped off?

Funny you say that, the first thing I thought of when I saw the amp in the Cameron clip was, WOW, looks just like the Bogner Ecstasy Classic. :thu:

and before you jump me, I said the thing sounds fan-frickintastic, and the fact that it looks like that doesnt bother me in the least.

• Members

If you have a fact or two then please post a link or two. If you like your Nitro then stick with it but don't challenge me about this because I am right and know my facts. I too was a Splawn fanboi for a very long time. Then I bought a Cameron and had the opportunity to find out first hand that Mark Cameron is a far superior amp designer and builder than Scott Splawn will ever be or dream of. Like most everything that comes out of Scotts shop in Dallas NC its a repackaged, regurgitated, ripoff job.

Hey Big Talker, I invite you to the 2008 Splawn convention. Bring your amp of choice ,so I can stick it up yo ass. The guy you keep talking {censored} to is my brother. I sense some anger in you,let me show you some anger boy.

Scott Splawn is a stand up guy. You need help bro and I'm the person to do it.

So come on down to the Splawn patch and carry my boot in your backside home with ya:lol:

• Members

Talking {censored} about Mr. Splawn or Mr. Cameron on an internet forum is rather cowardly and just plain bad form in general. If you don't like the amp then fine, but there's no need to bash and slander. It's uncalled for.

• Members
Talking {censored} about Mr. Splawn or Mr. Cameron on an internet forum is rather cowardly and just plain bad form in general. If you don't like the amp then fine, but there's no need to bash and slander. It's uncalled for.

:thu:

back on topic. i'm really digging the aldrich mod clips i've been listening to online though the jose mod sounds excellent as well.

• Members

Holy {censored} what a gay thread ha ha ha. Have we all forgotten that your making a huge ordeal out of whats supposed to be a leisure activity, playing guitar. Both that cameron and any splawn are just top shelf amps period....
In the grand scheme of things, unless you are both sponsered by your respective companies that you are battling over because you play those amps on huge stages all over the world on a nightly basis, theres pretty much no one out there that gives 2 rat {censored}s about what your amp sounds like besides you.
That goes for me and 99% percent of the folks here. Its a freaking hobby!

• Members
All the clips I've heard of the Cameron's sounded fantastic...but until the production on those amps gets straightened out, I would stay away with my cash. I don't know what the problem is, but there seems to be a black cloud hanging over the production of them...it's like one thing after another. I'm sure once that issue gets resolved, Mark will have a real winner on his hands.

Hey buddy, looks like I made it. GUESS WHO? Only give me your answer on the other forum if ya know who this is. HE HE TICK TOCK TICK TOCK??????? :idea:

Archived