The new Mark Cameron amp sounds amazing...

blargh

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:eek:

:idk:
don't know what to say to you man

If you have a fact or two then please post a link or two. If you like your Nitro then stick with it but don't challenge me about this because I am right and know my facts. I too was a Splawn fanboi for a very long time. Then I bought a Cameron and had the opportunity to find out first hand that Mark Cameron is a far superior amp designer and builder than Scott Splawn will ever be or dream of. Like most everything that comes out of Scotts shop in Dallas NC its a repackaged, regurgitated, ripoff job.

• Members

If you have a fact or two then please post a link or two. If you like your Nitro then stick with it but don't challenge me about this because I am right and know my facts. I too was a Splawn fanboi for a very long time. Then I bought a Cameron and had the opportunity to find out first hand that Mark Cameron is a far superior amp designer and builder than Scott Splawn will ever be or dream of. Like most everything that comes out of Scotts shop in Dallas NC its a repackaged, regurgitated, ripoff job.

i did. i replied by stating that the amp wasn't over 2.1k and that it isn't a single channel amp. as far as the versatility thing goes, i've posted a lot about the new improved gain taper and the effectiveness of the new resonance knob that in various threads. i know that aspect is very subjective and has to do with personal taste so i understand if you're unconvinced. i'm not the greatest player and post what i can, which happens to be heavily oriented to one genre of music. i can plan to do some more recordings that are outside of this style to help those out who are genuinely interested. i have also referenced several clips by others highlighting the new improved clean channel, that is on this amp.

i didn't mean for all this {censored} slinging to happen and i don't want to hijack the thread anymore than i have. i'd be glad to talk with you more about it over pm but again i'm not trying to personally attack you or anything. all i ask if you please do the same. thanks.

• Members

Not that I care really, but you seem angry towards Scott, did something happen ?

• Members
Stfu you two
:p

Dropthisd, im curious. Im about to drop money on a Marshall JMP2203 with Aldrich mod. What would you say the comparison is between your marshall with cameron mod and the cameron amp in the clips?

cheers.

First Mark builds all of his modded amps as individual, finely tuned amps and he backs his amps for life, from owner to next owner and so on. Secondly the amp in the vid appears to be his Jose based design. From where I sit it sounds more versatile than his standard Alrich mod b/c he designed more EQ-ing variances with this new circuit. Mark is a perfectionist.

• Members

First Mark builds all of his modded amps as individual, finely tuned amps and he backs his amps for life, from owner to next owner and so on. Secondly the amp in the vid appears to be his Jose based design. From where I sit it sounds more versatile than his standard Alrich mod b/c he designed more EQ-ing variances with this new circuit. Mark is a perfectionist.

His work does seem absolutley amazing.

If it was you, would you get the aldrich marshall or make an order for the cameron? I guess the cameron wait could be up too a year though.

• Members

i did. i replied by stating that the amp wasn't over 2.1k and that it isn't a single channel amp. as far as the versatility thing goes, i've posted a lot about the new improved gain taper and the effectiveness of the new resonance knob that in various threads. i know that aspect is very subjective and has to do with personal taste so i understand if you're unconvinced. i'm not the greatest player and post what i can, which happens to be heavily oriented to one genre of music. i can plan to do some more recordings that are outside of this style to help those out who are genuinely interested. i have also referenced several clips by others highlighting the new improved clean channel, that is on this amp.

i didn't mean for all this {censored} slinging to happen and i don't want to hijack the thread anymore than i have. i'd be glad to talk with you more about it over pm but again i'm not trying to personally attack you or anything. all i ask if you please do the same. thanks.

I've owned alot of gear and base my opinions on many factors. I don't think you should cut yourself short. I think you're an xtremely accurate metal player with some truly stellar right-hand technique. But your Nitro clips aren't versatile and they only demonstrate one thing and that is the one and only thing the Nitro does. I put alot of time recording alot of different Splawn clips and I spent almost 5 years as a Splawn owner myself. I helped alot of Splawn owners with tubes, biasing, speakers, recording and all things things related to the signal chain. I advocated and acted as Splawn fanboi for Scott Splawn and his works for about 5 years. But Splawn in my book is a just phase I went thru and wouldn't ever think of going back.

The best amps I've ever owned and will continue to own are the Cameron Aldrich and the Cauble Omnitone.

• Members
His work does seem absolutley amazing.

If it was you, would you get the aldrich marshall or make an order for the cameron? I guess the cameron wait could be up too a year though.

Thats a tough one. Me I would ask J.B. he has experience on both versions or soon will have both. :wave:

• Members
c'mon Phil...chill out bro. Let's not take it out on others

BTW...what's the deal with you and Scott if you don't mind me asking?
:confused:

OP...I apologize for the hijack;)

and why not LTK? Like I need permission on this forum. Its pretty amazing I haven't said one {censored}ing thing about the Nitro since it was hatched at the Star trek convention. I've listened to ALL of the clips. But when I state my opinion that it is not versatile that somehow makes things unfair :confused:. The only thing that is out there are galloping triplets riffs on 3 strings. If you want to spend your hard earned $2k on the amp then go ahead. Its a {censored}ing joke. Did you see that Uberschall panel Scott ripped off?

• Members
probably just a bad video, but I was expecting it to sound better:confused: I thought the Splawn Nitro vid sounded better but it looks like the Cameron is alot more versitile, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Splawn fanboy...the Cameron clips floating around are some of my favorites

He did say something about a different guitar...like a Les Paul or something. did that have single coils in that??

I don't know why, but every Splawn clip or video I've seen has not done much for me. Guess it's a matter of taste... the Camerons have this feel and harmonic complexity thats exactly what I hear in my head, that I haven't heard in other amps.
Hope these become easier to get soon :(

• Members
I don't know why, but every Splawn clip or video I've seen has not done much for me. Guess it's a matter of taste... the Camerons have this feel and harmonic complexity thats exactly what I hear in my head, that I haven't heard in other amps.

Hope these become easier to get soon
:(

+1

Im hoping this new amp will rocket M.C. to Diezel-level success. Easy availability without lacking the boutique product :thu:

• Members
I don't know why, but every Splawn clip or video I've seen has not done much for me.
Guess it's a matter of taste
... the Camerons have this feel and harmonic complexity thats exactly what I hear in my head, that I haven't heard in other amps.

Hope these become easier to get soon
:(

+1. i've personally loved all the cameron clips i've heard. i acknowledge that mark's stuff has it's own unique thing going on. at the same time i am also a huge fan of the splawn sound. neither is better. it's all preference. i've love to get my hands on a cameron but they seem so hard to come by.

• Members

i've love to get my hands on a cameron but they seem so hard to come by.

That will change very soon:)

As for the Splawns, the only clips I have liked of one is the Nitro honestly. The QR's were OK, but the Nitro sounds better for my tastes(from clips anyway).

Apples and oranges between the Splawn and Cameron camps. I love Marks amps, but I can see why some would like Scotts as well. I think both builders would prefer we just play what we like rather than talk {censored}. Mark has respect for Scott.

• Members
The best amps I've ever owned and will continue to own are the Cameron Aldrich and the Cauble Omnitone.

OK, now I have to interject too, damnit. Anyone that hasn't heard a Cauble should check it out. Anyone that would like anything from the, well without insult meant, recto camp (all the metal amps from '92 until recently: VHT, Powerball, XXX/JSX, all the non-marshall sounding amps), would find this to be their uncorked "I'll drink it on my death bed" bottle of wine next to their current Night Train. In two words: tweaked, and sophisticated. All your gripes about x amp, gone. All that's left is a very refined voice with enough control to make a Road King blush. Now, I like my mids a little raw, more than the Cauble that I played had, which I understood to be fairly customized, but I would gladly trade three or four of my heads together for that one Cauble. Cauble is one of those amps you'll never hear about, but you really should hear!

On the Cameron though, what DropThisD says is true about the individual nature. DropThisD's version {censored}s all over and sounds completely different from the 3 channel one I've heard, for the tone I like. We haven't got them in the same room, but they are obviously different, like "snap, crackle, pop" vs "Crunch, Squeeeeellie, boooomb, chng" different. In that regard, I don't get why they(Mark and Chris) chose the channels they did for the first production amp at all. like :freak::confused: Maybe there's a bigger market in the softer mod, but that market has options already, whereas I haven't heard anything that does what the (DropThisD's anyways) Aldrich does in terms of replacing your pick with a {censored}ing amplified razor blade. You'd expect DorpThisD to be given some crazy Japanimation superpowers and at the end of a pick scrape cut his cabs in half before retrning to picking position.

• Members
Stfu you two
:p

Dropthisd, im curious. Im about to drop money on a Marshall JMP2203 with Aldrich mod. What would you say the comparison is between your marshall with cameron mod and the cameron amp in the clips?

cheers.

If this helps answer your question, I played Dropthisd's Cameron in person (had some great coffee too Phil! :thu:) and after the amp was turned off and the tubes had cooled, I spent the next 2 hours begging him to sell it to me. :p

• Members
You'd expect DorpThisD to be given some crazy Japanimation superpowers and at the end of a pick scrape cut his cabs in half before retrning to picking position.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dark Angel, you need to get out of Reston for a break man. :) Just kidding. That was hilarious.

Now for some reason I'm picturing Japanese girls in sailor suits headbanging to molten metal while giant robots destroy {censored}.

Archived