NAD! Framus Dragon.

Chrisjd

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you gotten a chance to crank it up yet? itll really make you appreciate power tube saturation when you get that crunch channel glowing

yeah i did, the crunch has ALMOST as much gain as i would like, a clean boost will definetely take care of that problem though. The lead channel i ran the gain at 2:30-3:00.

What tubes did you have in it when you owned it?

• Members

yeah i did, the crunch has ALMOST as much gain as i would like, a clean boost will definetely take care of that problem though. The lead channel i ran the gain at 2:30-3:00.

What tubes did you have in it when you owned it?

just standard eh el34s. i ran it with two power tubes and cranked it all day, every day

and holy {censored} thats a lot of gain. i ran it at 9 oclock on the crunch channel and 10 oclock on the lead for leads

• Members

just standard eh el34s. i ran it with two power tubes and cranked it all day, every day

and holy {censored} thats a lot of gain. i ran it at 9 oclock on the crunch channel and 10 oclock on the lead for leads

at those gain levels it wouldnt hardly saturate.

• Members

it is very nice sounding, it has a bogner vibe, chewy, thick, darker(than my cobra). One thing i notice is that it is still real tight and clear.

How's the clean compared to the Cobra? My mate has Teh Cobraz and I'm SOO down with that clean. The drive channels seemed a bit toppy to me. Not as harsh as I can dial my RK if I'm being thick but still toppy.

If the Dragon is good enough for Geordie Walker...............:poke:

• Members

The clean channel is very similar, but warmer.... not as bright. with the treble/presence high it's very nice.

That is my old dragon by the way. It was originally owned by a guitarist in this crappy band from Equal Vision Records called Versus The Mirror. He got it new and didn't have it long. I bought it from him, and later on sold it to tsunamijesus.

• Members

The clean channel is very similar, but warmer.... not as bright. with the treble/presence high it's very nice.

That is my old dragon by the way. It was originally owned by a guitarist in this crappy band from Equal Vision Records called Versus The Mirror. He got it new and didn't have it long. I bought it from him, and later on sold it to tsunamijesus.

well i can't say it soundwise, but the circuit is completely different

the cobra's clean is a fender twin clone

the dragon has a vox based clean, very close to ac30's schematic

• Members

btw, i ordered the parts for the dragon mod today! :cop:
i hope they arrive on the next week
i'll post pics and impressions soon :thu:

but i still want a vintage looking dragon :cry:
or something like the pedrone cobra vintage (which is actually a hot rodded 3 channel jcm 800)

24_2007_P.jpg

• Members

well i can't say it soundwise, but the circuit is completely different

the cobra's clean is a fender twin clone

the dragon has a vox based clean, very close to ac30's schematic

I've played both. They sound very similar. The only difference is the cobra is brighter.

• Members

its up there with the shiva in terms of tonal quality, its just a different beast. shiva has shimmer and bite, the dragon has spread and punch. crunch channel of dragon plus OD channel of shiva mixed together... *cums*

I owned a Dragon for about a year. It is nowhere near being on par with a Bogner Shiva. Plus, they are completely different types of amps.

I did find that playing with the loop mix on the Dragon had some nice affects on the sound. Overall the Dragon is a nice amp (I liked it a lot better than the Cobra), but it didn't do what I needed.

It DID sound a lot better with the Dragon Cab than with my Bad Cat cab, though.

• Members

I owned a Dragon for about a year. It is nowhere near being on par with a Bogner Shiva. Plus, they are completely different types of amps.

I did find that playing with the loop mix on the Dragon had some nice affects on the sound. Overall the Dragon is a nice amp (I liked it a lot better than the Cobra), but it didn't do what I needed.

It DID sound a lot better with the Dragon Cab than with my Bad Cat cab, though.

I agree with this. Fairly nice amp, but didn't do what I wanted....

Archived