Buck Dharma Gear.. Blue Oyster Cult content

jimbojamz

• Members

Been a BOC fan since the 70's :thu:

Buck always had a distinct tone (although, not great) that always fit thier songs. I have seen them many, many, many times. They've alwys been great.

However, when I saw them 2 years ago, they were gawd awful, and Buck had horrid sound. It was a total bummer. They were playing during bike week, at a place I had played several times. I had told a bumch of friends to come because BOC was "killer" live. I even burned a lot of copies of the "Black and Blue" dvd I have. Well, everyone showed up and was like.....WTF ????

It was sad :cry:

Now looking at his gear, I know why his tone was so bad. not that he had great tone to begin with, but it wasn't even his tone. His playing was dead on, but the sound was awful. Bloom & Lanier were still good, but they had some new kids on bass & drums who were horrid. It was like the new guys didn't even listed to the song and went out to try and play it live :freak:

• Members

Man, that sucks. I love BOC. I haven't ever been able to see them live though. I am pretty young, so I missed their glory years.

Maybe just pick up this and watch from the comfort of your home.

51b-kMk2jYL._SS500_.jpg

or if you can find a copy of the "Black and Blue" video. It's Black Sabbath (with Dio) and BOC. They toured together around 81 or 82 (forget which), and this film has both bands kicking ass.

Gotta see the original line up. :thu:

• Members

I saw them on 4 separate occasions back in the late 70's/80's and always enjoyed their shows. An old friend does sound reinforcement work in NH/Mass area and mentioned the POD thing to me. :eek: bye bye tone...

Been a BOC fan since the 70's
:thu:

Buck always had a distinct tone (although, not great) that always fit thier songs. I have seen them many, many, many times. They've alwys been great.

However, when I saw them 2 years ago, they were gawd awful, and Buck had horrid sound. It was a total bummer. They were playing during bike week, at a place I had played several times. I had told a bumch of friends to come because BOC was "killer" live. I even burned a lot of copies of the "Black and Blue" dvd I have. Well, everyone showed up and was like.....WTF ????

It was sad
:cry:

Now looking at his gear, I know why his tone was so bad. not that he had great tone to begin with, but it wasn't even his tone. His playing was dead on, but the sound was awful. Bloom & Lanier were still good, but they had some new kids on bass & drums who were horrid. It was like the new guys didn't even listed to the song and went out to try and play it live
:freak:

• Members

the first band I was ever in this dude really liked BoC and wanted us to play a bunch of their songs. But not even the classics, he wanted to play the b-sides.

I was like 'dude you seriously want to do this'

him-'yeah people will love it'

I never went to band practice ever again.

• Members

Buck is still great. The good news is a few of their songs were perfectly

executed RECORDINGS. So THEY will be "frozen in time" as rock hero's especially with us old farts. Pickup ANY BOC recording and listen to those

tasty rock licks !!!

• Members

the first band I was ever in this dude really liked BoC and wanted us to play a bunch of their songs. But not even the classics, he wanted to play the b-sides.

I was like 'dude you seriously want to do this'

him-'yeah people will love it'

I never went to band practice ever again.

I want to join that band! :mad:

My old band used to play "Cities on Flame" and I'm pretty sure most of the crowds thought it was an original.

• Members

never really dug their tone much anyway.

On a related note, I saw a picture in a guitar magazine a while back of Buck back in BOC's glory days and he was playing a natural finish strat w/ black pickguard that had these big humbuckers with a single blade in the middle of the pickup. Anybody know what those were?

• Members

Nice memories but... BOC blew chunks and BD was a talentless hack, ever hear his solo album? His "Your loving heart" is one of the worst songs every written...

If you're gonna write "Godzilla" you should be able to do his call on the gitar...

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Not to bring up an old thread, but I think that most of the reason that someone like Buck Dharma would use an amp like the Blue or Red Voodoo, is so that they wouldn't have problems finding it as a rental when they have to fly out to gigs.

:confused:

Archived