Greenbacks vs Blackbacks

Pete

• Members

I owned a cab loaded with 1970 Greenbacks and a cab from 78 with Blackbacks. They are both 25 watt speakers but Blackbacks came out in the mid 70's. I thought the Blackbacks were a little bit brighter than Greenbacks. Both sounded great though.

• Members

I owned a cab loaded with 1970 Greenbacks and a cab from 78 with Blackbacks. They are both 25 watt speakers but Blackbacks came out in the mid 70's. I thought the Blackbacks were a little bit brighter than Greenbacks. Both sounded great though.

Have you tried those Stan Specs Weber speakers yet? I bought four of them last month, loaded them in my Uberkab and I really like them.

• Members

According to celestion they are the same speaker (green, black, white) it was just convenient and cheaper to get whatever color was available. As long as its 25 watts and made in the 70's by celestion its a "greenback"

Not quite. The early pre-Rola greenbacks were made in the 60's.

• Members

i thought at one point they made 65 watt blackbacks?

i'm confused

They made G12-65 which are not blackbacks but they are really good sounding speakers. I have two G12-65 and two G12H-30 blackbacks in my model 1982 4x12 cab. Every amp that I've played through that cab sounds amazing.

Archived