About to order this new guitar -- 24 fret Ibanez S content

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I decided to sell my EBMM Petrucci and get a guitar more personalized specifically for me... this new 24 fret Ibanez S and load it up with a custom wound HSH set of Bare Knuckle pickups. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I must say, it's teh hawtness :love::love::love:

S5470_3.jpg

sub1.jpg

063.JPG

064.JPG

:love::love::love:

• Members

Sexy. You should marry her before she cheats on you.
:thu:

it's all mines.... ze preciousss...

I hope the one I get looks darker, more like the 2nd picture.

this guitar is going to be teh beez kneez, fo real. I'm getting the BKP set installed and the nut cut down and frets leveled and crowned and everything cleaned up perfectly and set up to get it playing its absolute best.

I wantz ze precious... nowwz

• Members

it's all mines.... ze preciousss...

I hope the one I get looks darker, more like the 2nd picture.

this guitar is going to be teh beez kneez, fo real. I'm getting the BKP set installed and the nut cut down and frets leveled and crowned and everything cleaned up perfectly and set up to get it playing it's absolute best.

I wantz ze precious... nowwz

That's awesome. :thu:

Congrats.

• Members

That's awesome.
:thu:

Congrats.

Thanks, d00d. :)

Indeed. It'll be really nice having a guitar perfectly suited to me. The EBMM petrucci is a really nice guitar, but there's just something special about getting a more personalized guitar like this... having work done on it getting it setup perfectly... having custom pickups made specifically for you by someone who plays guitar themselves and knows which guitar they'll be going into and what kinds of music I'll be playing with it.... just having it setup all personalized to match my specific tastes.... never had anything like that before, so I'm pretty excited to be getting this :cool:

• Members

Thanks, d00d.
:)

Indeed. It'll be really nice having a guitar perfectly suited to me. The EBMM petrucci is a really nice guitar, but there's just something special about getting a more personalized guitar like this... having work done on it getting it setup perfectly... having custom pickups made specifically for you by someone who plays guitar themselves and knows which guitar they'll be going into and what kinds of music I'll be playing with it.... just having it setup all personalized to match my specific tastes.... never had anything like that before, so I'm pretty excited to be getting this
:cool:

I bet. I once ordered a custom ESP and didn't like it. :lol:

I like their standard models better than their customs.

The custom was made to my exact specs and everything but it just wasn't right... so I guess I don't know exactly what I want.

Maybe one day I will.

• Members

I bet. I once ordered a custom ESP and didn't like it.
:lol:

I like their standard models better than their customs.

The custom was made to my exact specs and everything but it just wasn't right... so I guess I don't know exactly what I want.

Maybe one day I will.

I was actually going to order a custom guitar until I saw that ibanez was doing these 24 fret MIJ versions of the S prestiges for 2008. I've always liked the S's, but avoided getting one for a main guitar because of the 22 frets....

Then I saw these and they're coming with a bunch of the features I wanted in the custom guitar: mahogany body, HSH pickup config, 24 frets, etc. + the fact that I already liked the S series, so I just decided to get this instead :)

• Members

I really hope they do the 24 fret S in a prestige 7 string version.

I alwyas loved the S series too but was put oiff by the 22frets!

Nice guitar man, anyone know what the new bridges are like? I like the fact they have included an intonation tool.

• Members

I was actually going to order a custom guitar until I saw that ibanez was doing these 24 fret MIJ versions of the S prestiges for 2008. I've always liked the S's, but avoided getting one for a main guitar because of the 22 frets....

Then I saw these and they're coming with a bunch of the features I wanted in the custom guitar: mahogany body, HSH pickup config, 24 frets, etc. + the fact that I already liked the S series, so I just decided to get this instead
:)

That's awesome, man. :thu:

Have fun with your new baby when it shows up. :D

• Members

I really hope they do the 24 fret S in a prestige 7 string version.

I alwyas loved the S series too but was put oiff by the 22frets!

Nice guitar man, anyone know what the new bridges are like? I like the fact they have included an intonation tool.

That bridge is the ZR2... basically a smaller, lighter version of the ZR with a few differences... trem bar now has a torque adjustment on it so you to can set the angle you like, and the ZPS system thing on the back has something new about it too i think... I forget what exactly. I think they have the info on the ibanez site now though if you wanna check that

• Members

im more of the dual humbucker type, i dont like HSH

but the 24 fret bit is cool.

Well you can get any sound an HH guitar can get with an HSH guitar plus a bunch more. I wanted the guitar to be really versatile, from full on death metal riffing and smooth shred to warm jazz and strat cleans... So, having a single coil in the middle was important to me.

• Members

i'll hopefully be getting the 5470SOL if i can ever sell my amps.

Noice. I think the SOL finish is kinda plain, but if I ever get a second one of these I might get the SOL and take it somewhere and have them refinish it with something cool. It's just too light and plain looking for me, but I bet something like a dark oil or satin finish would look really good on it.

Archived