Is this a SCAM? Ebay Issue

Slaytallica

• Members

so a guy bought my ENGL on ebay and sent payment via paypal. This morning I get this message on ebay

"Hi! Emergency! please cancel the paypal payment i just sent to you PLEASE! i was going to put the amp on my credit card and i didn't chose it as my payment method and it withdrew it from my bank account!! soooo sorry about that but please cancel the payment and i will resubmit it using my credit card, thanks and please please please cancel it! sorry for the mistake."

So what do I do?

do I

1-Refund it and hope not to get screwed.

2-Tell him to pay with his credit card first then refund his paypal

3-Just transfer it to my account it's his mistake not mine.

• Members

I would go with number 2. Have him put up the cash on plastic, then send him the refund on the previous payment. I had paypal do this to me once, pulled like 300 bucks out of my checking account. Not a big deal, but annoying that it was supposed to be put on a credit card.

• Members

Here is the email I just sent him.

"Daniel,

After careful consideration, I think the best thing for both of us is for you to make the payment with your credit card first. Once I see those funds in paypal I will do a full refund on the bank funds.

I'm in no way trying to take money from you but I'm also looking out for my best interest as well in not getting screwed out of a binding transaction.

I'm sure you can understand my position.

I will wait until this evening before I continue the transition to my account and send you your amp.

regards,

Mark"

What do you think?

• Members

Here is the email I just sent him.

"Daniel,

After careful consideration, I think the best thing for both of us is for you to make the payment with your credit card first. Once I see those funds in paypal I will do a full refund on the bank funds.

I'm in no way trying to take money from you but I'm also looking out for my best interest as well in not getting screwed out of a binding transaction.

I'm sure you can understand my position.

I will wait until this evening before I continue the transition to my account and send you your amp.

regards,

Mark"

What do you think?

Sounds fair to me.

• Members

Excellent decision...give the guy a chance. This has happened to me multiple times.

Just a couple days ago I made this mistake...what happens it seems is that paypal changed its screen look and where they put the button to choose other funding options changed as well...I'm just cruising along and hit the "Continue with Payment" button expecting to see the "Other Funding Options" and it never came.

Next thing I knew I was $500 shorter in my bank account...

'Doh!

Mark

• Members

Excellent decision...give the guy a chance. This has happened to me multiple times.

Just a couple days ago I made this mistake...what happens it seems is that paypal changed its screen look and where they put the button to choose other funding options changed as well...I'm just cruising along and hit the "Continue with Payment" button expecting to see the "Other Funding Options" and it never came.

Next thing I knew I was $500 shorter in my bank account...

'Doh!

Mark

hey, i was the one who bought the ENGL! lol and that is exactly what happened! they changed the screens completely! before it used to take u to paypal then u chose the funding options and everything else! well, i resolved it anyway and i can't wait to get that amp!

• Members
hey, i was the one who bought the ENGL! lol and that is exactly what happened! they changed the screens completely! before it used to take u to paypal then u chose the funding options and everything else! well, i resolved it anyway and i can't wait to get that amp!

Good to hear. :cool:

Archived